Stay at NK or go to AA

Go to AA, especially if DFw is where you have roots or where you want permanent roots. You can do any type of flying you’ve ever wanted to do AND always live in base (and train in base). The amount of people they are pumping through the pipeline right now is really amazing, so don’t worry about “can’t hold it right now”, that’s a really short time view and things are moving fast….the financial picture is the weakest of the big 3 but will mirror what covid does. If covid starts to be something we live with more easily and travel is unrestricted, profitability will be close behind.

Apparently, a lot from what I've been reading. :oops:
I would t say it’s a “problem” right now. “Issue” seems more appropriate. With that said it could very easily head that way. I think NK knows that and with our contract coming up I’m optimistic that they’ll take that into account and they’ll do some stuff to sweeten the pot. With that said, I have no illusions we’ll match legacy pay.

I made the same decision to come to AA from an ACMI carrier that I really enjoyed. Ultimately, I think it’ll be the right decision for me. I got DFW 737 on the first day of class. I live here too! Sure there are a lot of what if coming up, but if we all decided not to take a job because something might not or will happen, we’d never move on in our careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would t say it’s a “problem” right now. “Issue” seems more appropriate. With that said it could very easily head that way. I think NK knows that and with our contract coming up I’m optimistic that they’ll take that into account and they’ll do some stuff to sweeten the pot. With that said, I have no illusions we’ll match legacy pay.

Meanwhile at brand F, new hires have to pay for their own hotels during training. They used to say “delta does this too!” don’t know what they’re telling them now…

Wanted to ask this group here since the crowd here is much more level headed then the other one on the inter webs. i live in Dfw 30 min from the airport. Also I’m 32 years old.

I’m currently a FO at NK. Been here about 2 and a half years.

I stopped reading at this point. 33 yrs left and you’re hesitating giving up 2.5 yrs seniority? IMO, leave and don’t look back.

Personally, if 320 LCP was the apex of my career, I’d kind of be looking at taking an early retirement.

So whats next...? A330 LCP.....? I know you loved them layovers in Europe.

Yes but it’s not like I’m at a regional. Spirit can be a viable career. And I’m all ready around 60-65% company seniority
Do y'all have a seniority calculator? I imagine the rise from 99%-65% will be pretty fast and at some point will bog down based on the age of those ahead of you?

Do y'all have a seniority calculator? I imagine the rise from 99%-65% will be pretty fast and at some point will bog down based on the age of those ahead of you?
This is a solid point. The build up under us was from growth and I don’t fly with a bunch of old guys.

Back