St. Bart's Overrun

oops,

I was just telling my student the other day: "On a short field, if you don't have your wheels on pavement right near your target , go around"

oops,

I was just telling my student the other day: "On a short field, if you don't have your wheels on pavement right near your target , go around"

You would think on such a short runway that they would have been all ready to go around. Maybe low on fuel or something else? Just seems awfully stupid.

Of course, I am a GREAT Monday morning QB! :)

When you see and land on the opposite aiming point marker and you're in a twin. Go around is a good choice.

Funny how he was trying to aim for that little turn around spot, so he can get some landing distance.

Looks like an Aztec...

Easy to float, especially if you are fast, but then again, has more than enough ponies to kick it in the rear and climb away.

Plus, I didn't see any activation of the "speed brake"... (open the cabin door wide open) It will almost stop on a dime when you throw that much drag out! :D;) (not really, but it feels like it)

At Ari-Ben we had a new V speed Vdo (Door Open).

Probably not a bad idea...I popped a door in a Mooney the other day to get my lanyard out of the door and obviously couldn't close it. It adds a lot of yaw to the airplane too.

BTW: Sorry to see your furlough coming up...good luck.

Come on man, couldn't you hear me shouting GO AROUND at the computer screen?!?!

What could he possibly be thinking?

Back