Spirit and Frontier to Merge

Well holy •. I'm currently in class at Frontier. It's my first airline after making the jump from Corporate and 135. It seems exciting especially since being so junior I have nothing to lose, but what can I expect if it gets approved from the antitrust?
Expect it to be years before everything is completely one. Expect lots of CFery along the way. The math probably doesn’t change a lot since you’re on the bottom of the list, least stressful spot you can be in.

Fully expected as some point. Hopefully the fact that they have similar pilot groups will help with the seniority merger.

Well holy •. I'm currently in class at Frontier. It's my first airline after making the jump from Corporate and 135. It seems exciting especially since being so junior I have nothing to lose, but what can I expect if it gets approved from the antitrust?
You’ll be aight. Neither airline can afford very many pilots to leave at this point.

Expect it to be years before everything is completely one. Expect lots of CFery along the way. The math probably doesn’t change a lot since you’re on the bottom of the list, least stressful spot you can be in.

You think? Common fleet, similar business model, both unions represented by ALPA. Should be pretty smooth, assuming the DOJ signs off.

Gone through mergers already. 2 binding arbitration SLIs. One base closure.

I agree, I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. But it is reality in our industry. Mergers are inevitable.
The spirit and frontier pilot contracts are nearly identical outside of some ancillary work rules and the business models are the same. Both companies have hired explosively in the last 5 years and career progression at the two should be similar. As long as the merge doesn’t get blocked by the federal gumint, i think an integration will be less painful than mergers of the past. I hope I’m not coming across as naive. There will certainly been bumps along the way.

Not to sound too sour but I’m really not looking forward to this.

If it results in a financially viable company…..

Unless something changes in how F9 management works

Hopefully they take some nuance from FLL. Denver can’t manage an airline of 110 planes most days, LOL if they think they can manage 300 with more on order the way they do things now.

The spirit and frontier pilot contracts are nearly identical outside of some ancillary work rules and the business models are the same. Both companies have hired explosively in the last 5 years and career progression at the two should be similar. As long as the merge doesn’t get blocked by the federal gumint, i think an integration will be less painful than mergers of the past. I hope I’m not coming across as naive. There will certainly been bumps along the way.
Karbon jackets!

If it results in a financially viable company…..

Hopefully they take some nuance from FLL. Denver can’t manage an airline of 110 planes most days, LOL if they think they can manage 300 with more on order the way they do things now.
Well both are already financially viable. Frontier has a solid group of pilots from what I can tell and I look forward to new flying and possibly new bases but I really feel that QOL will take a step backwards for NK people in the long run.

Id imagine it’s bad if you’re an ACY based pilot…would they keep such a small legacy base ?

ACY is a gateway for the Jersey Shore crowd, unless they're willing to drive to PHL. The yellow school bus certainly has some success running airplanes between ACY and the sunny destinations (anywhere in Florida) and Myrtle Beach. I have no idea on the future of the base, but they pretty much have a monopoly on that little market.

Last edited:
ACY is a gateway for the Jersey Shore crowd, unless they're willing to drive to PHL. The yellow school certainly has some success running airplanes between ACY and the sunny destinations (anywhere in Florida) and Myrtle Beach. I have no idea on the future of the base, but they pretty much have a monopoly on that little market.

I forgot about Frontier and PHL. Those acy guys will be fine.

Well both are already financially viable. Frontier has a solid group of pilots from what I can tell and I look forward to new flying and possibly new bases but I really feel that QOL will take a step backwards for NK people in the long run.

i haven’t been following spirit closely but frontier hasnot been consistently profitable since 2019.

Back