Spirit airlines?

Granted its my job talking and listening and deescalating if necessary. But at least to me, dealing with people is easy. But then I've always been a bit of a social butterfly. Its an art form you really have to see the cues to become your own Picasso so to speak.

then you’ll actually do quite well having to deescalate the angry pax who is feeling harassed for not wearing their mask or is pissed off because they had to pay $65 for the carry on because no one told them they needed to until they tried to board in zone 2. Or deal with an entire plane about to riot because theyve been sitting on a taxiway for 2 hours waiting for a gate after theyve landed.

the FAs will appreciate it when you take the hard ones instead of them having to deal with them

but no pee slinging pax yet.

dividing by 3 and multiplying by 5 is about the extent of math needed to fly an airliner, er… well an Airbus anyway, don’t know about those Boeing models. I’m pretty sure that you can handle that too… though I find I’m having issues dividing by 3 as I get older… it takes longer for that answer to arrive I’ve noticed.

then you’ll actually do quite well having to deescalate the angry pax who is feeling harassed for not wearing their mask or is pissed off because they had to pay $65 for the carry on because no one told them they needed to until they tried to board in zone 2. Or deal with an entire plane about to riot because theyve been sitting on a taxiway for 2 hours waiting for a gate after theyve landed.

the FAs will appreciate it when you take the hard ones instead of them having to deal with them

but no pee slinging pax yet.

dividing by 3 and multiplying by 5 is about the extent of math needed to fly an airliner, er… well an Airbus anyway, don’t know about those Boeing models. I’m pretty sure that you can handle that too… though I find I’m having issues dividing by 3 as I get older… it takes longer for that answer to arrive I’ve noticed.

Here at work, I always play the "bad cop". I do it well. Lots of our nurses are female and the techs I often work with a young and or new to the biz and I got 12 yrs. I'm the old man and the OG. So I just go out and take charge of the situation and tell them very sternly and often with lots of profanity. Possibly even posturing this is what we're doing, or this is what's going to happen. No if ands or buts. A lot of times its about dominance, we frequently get newly released patients from jail or from the state hospital on probation/parole with a jail mentality. Or homeless adults, or young adults. And 100%, they're going to try you. Like Seraph said in the Matrix, you don't really know someone until you fight them. Survival behavior for them is to intimidate and manipulate and physically fight to get what they want/ need to survive. Once they realize that you're bout' it and not scared they'll typically backdown. Game recognizes game. They can read behaviors really well as a survival skill, to know who is "prey" and who isn't. Number one way to find out if someone is weak, or scared. They're loud and talk about how tough they are as a defense mechanism. Rule #1 the loudest man in the room is always the weakest. Every time.

I'll admit its not really therapeutic in practice. But these people come from the gutter and their childhoods were gutter and they have all sorts of trauma and been abused their entire life. Being nice and therapeutic isn't going to work on them, only violence and threats, otherwise they'll view you as soft, weak and prey. Predators chase, prey runs. Don't run! Stand tall, stand firm. They only know and recognize strength and power. Once they know that you're not prey they'll typically be the nicest people ever. But they'll still always try to manipulate and get over on you, if they can. If you'll allow them.

As for the scenario you mentioned, I'm really good at de-escalation. Most people just want to be heard and listen to. Made to feel that they're valued. But I don't think that, that situation would work out well. Why, because of the audience. Both on the plane and everyone with their phones out doing a live on TikTok, FB or IG. While they're acting a complete fool. Then they gotta flex--hard, cause they don't want to appear to be weak in front of other pax and especially in front of the whole nation/world when the video goes viral. So they'll go from 0-1000 real quick. One of the best ways to deescalate someone is to remove the audience, if you can and get them alone. Then they'll calm down super quick, because no one else is around its just you and them and they can save face. Because no one especially a dude ever wants to be viewed as a punk bitch. Even if you really are one IRL. You know, ego an all.

Spirit announces new pilot pipeline. Appears to eliminate the touch & go at a regional:

"...then through the Spirit Direct Program can advance straight to Spirit as Airbus first officers after 1,500 hours of flight time," said Michael Arnold, Director of Marketing, ATP Flight School."

Spirit announces new pilot pipeline. Appears to eliminate the touch & go at a regional:

"...then through the Spirit Direct Program can advance straight to Spirit as Airbus first officers after 1,500 hours of flight time," said Michael Arnold, Director of Marketing, ATP Flight School."

This is just ATP cleaning money, lol. A recruitment tool also a pipeline to keep the CFI ranks full. Fewer than probably 1% will fit the program requirements. But the monies will roll in!

Good luck everybody!

Welp…. Got my first pee slinging pax yesterday….. normal appearing passenger. Came on board, took his seat…. Few minutes later Asked the FA where the lav was because he couldn’t find it.

get the call from the aft cabin FA, that the pax trashed the aft lav, pissed all over the mirrors, floors, sink, vanity, everywhere except into the commode.

call the cro to evaluate fitness to fly. Nope not intoxicated, not mentally impaired, just “here.” Felt like trashing the lav for unknown anger issues.

took the delay and left him at the gate to ponder his life choices.

Welp…. Got my first pee slinging pax yesterday….. normal appearing passenger. Came on board, took his seat…. Few minutes later Asked the FA where the lav was because he couldn’t find it.

get the call from the aft cabin FA, that the pax trashed the aft lav, pissed all over the mirrors, floors, sink, vanity, everywhere except into the commode.

call the cro to evaluate fitness to fly. Nope not intoxicated, not mentally impaired, just “here.” Felt like trashing the lav for unknown anger issues.

took the delay and left him at the gate to ponder his life choices.

Good to know that no training is required for that situation and that I've already got the skill set. Lol.

If anyone was interested in coming to Spirit for the Chicago base I would rethink that after today.
809920c92b8ca66648608759df22149d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone was interested in coming to Spirit for the Chicago base I would rethink that after today.
809920c92b8ca66648608759df22149d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the reduction in popular bases like ORD and DFW along with most pairings being turned into 1-2 day parings supposedly, almost no upgrades dues to attrition and a looming merger with indigo I think staffing and QOL is going to really suffer starting this spring. I’ve been really happy here for more than 5 years but it’s just too many changes happening all at once.

If I am reading/adding that chart correctly, about 50% of your pilots will be based in FL. Are a majority of your IROPS originating from FL?

2007 jetU's motto on the binder: "Props are for boats!"

A jab at the Gulfstream program and at turboprops in general, because that program would get you from light pistons to a RJ for the airlines.

Now that we're skipping RJs, what's the new motto for light pistons straight to an Airbus? :)

2007 jetU's motto on the binder: "Props are for boats!"

A jab at the Gulfstream program and at turboprops in general, because that program would get you from light pistons to a RJ for the airlines.

Now that we're skipping RJs, what's the new motto for light pistons straight to an Airbus? :)

"Yokes are for oxen"

Any truth to the rumor I heard that Spirit is recruiting Aussies on E3 visas ? I don't see any formal, public announcement of that.

I spoke with my NK captain buddy last night and asked him the same question.

“Allegedly” (then rolled his eyes)

Back