Spirit airlines?

Movement up the FO side is pretty quick

Once you get to the capt side things slow down a lot. A lot of FOs decide to bypass upgrade until they can hold a line. Because reserve is limiting on schedule flexibility.

I live about 2 hours from base and sat reserve from home FO and Capt reserve. I think I only done less than 5 trips total (FO and capt reserve) where they called me right at 3 hours. For virtually all of my reserve trips they notified me the day before or i checked my schedule the night before and noticed the reserve assignment and self-notified so that they wouldn’t call me right at 3am when my RAP started.

Once they called and asked if I could get there asap. I told them I’d be there in 3 hours. Got on the road - 30 minutes later they called me back and said don’t worry you can go back to RAP we found someone who could report in 30 minutes. So i took the next exit and went back home.
Sorry I might be a little slow. So its a 3 hour callout, meaning I can show up to the plane at the 2:59 hour mark and start my preliminary flow? Or they want parking break released and start pushback at the 3 hours from call? But regardless that's good to know! Looks like I should not have any issues with my hour and half drive making it to showtime on the rarity I do get a short call notice.

Looking from the outside in, hows Spirit for a newhire hired today?Seems like they did a lot of hiring the past few years pre-covid so was wondering how the qol and movement would be for someone new on property today. I have a couple of buddys who love it there but they were hired pre contract. Could one hired today still expect to upgrade to captain eventually or enjoy the schedule qol current pilots enjoy? I understand the pilot group is younger and not sure how much more growing they will be doing beyond there initial airbus orders? They have a base where I would like to live but trying to decide if there will be much movement as I would hate to be stagnant. Thanks!

Honestly, the time to go to Spirit was last decade. 2010-2019. Sure, there is growth but that can change in a heartbeat. Retirements are set in stone. Spirit has one of the youngest pilot groups with the least amount of retirements coming up. In their crazy growth spree, they had sub 3 year CAs for quite a long time. You will be stuck behind CAs who are in their 30s and 40s.

If I was a young guy starting out today, my sights would only be set on the big 3: AA, UA, or DL.

With the crazy hiring coming up, you should be able to get picked up at one of these three places. And with their MASSIVE retirements, you will always have a nice steady progression up the seniority list.

Flew with a FO recently who had his apps in at the big 3 and never heard anything so he let Airlineapps expire. He said for kicks, he just paid and re-updated everything this summer. In one month, he got cold calls (out of the blue) from DL and UA for an interview.

And I'm not picking against Southwest, ULCCs, LCCs, or smaller legacy airlines (HAL, AS). I myself went to a LCC in early 2012 but at the time, that made sense. NO one else was hiring. In 2011, the only hiring was Spirit, Virgin, and I think two windows opened up at US Airways that year. That was it. It made sense to go to Spirits and the Virgins back in those days.

Today? and for the next 10 yrs? Fuggetaboutit. Hit the big 3, hard.

Yeah, so, uh, it's pretty chill, eh?

Sorry I might be a little slow. So its a 3 hour callout, meaning I can show up to the plane at the 2:59 hour mark and start my preliminary flow? Or they want parking break released and start pushback at the 3 hours from call? But regardless that's good to know! Looks like I should not have any issues with my hour and half drive making it to showtime on the rarity I do get a short call notice.
"Report time—upon receiving notification of a trip assignment, a reserve pilot shall make his best effort to arrive at the aircraft prior to departure time such that no delay will be incurred. However, the reserve pilot must arrive at the aircraft ready to depart within three hours of the time he was notified of the trip assignment." (Emphasis added.)

Honestly, the time to go to Spirit was last decade. 2010-2019. Sure, there is growth but that can change in a heartbeat. Retirements are set in stone. Spirit has one of the youngest pilot groups with the least amount of retirements coming up. In their crazy growth spree, they had sub 3 year CAs for quite a long time. You will be stuck behind CAs who are in their 30s and 40s.

If I was a young guy starting out today, my sights would only be set on the big 3: AA, UA, or DL.

With the crazy hiring coming up, you should be able to get picked up at one of these three places. And with their MASSIVE retirements, you will always have a nice steady progression up the seniority list.

Flew with a FO recently who had his apps in at the big 3 and never heard anything so he let Airlineapps expire. He said for kicks, he just paid and re-updated everything this summer. In one month, he got cold calls (out of the blue) from DL and UA for an interview.

And I'm not picking against Southwest, ULCCs, LCCs, or smaller legacy airlines (HAL, AS). I myself went to a LCC in early 2012 but at the time, that made sense. NO one else was hiring. In 2011, the only hiring was Spirit, Virgin, and I think two windows opened up at US Airways that year. That was it. It made sense to go to Spirits and the Virgins back in those days.

Today? and for the next 10 yrs? Fuggetaboutit. Hit the big 3, hard.
If only I had a magic ball that would tell me who would call and when it would be! Make things so much easier..
That said the future does look very promising the next few years, will be interesting what plays out among the regionals and other ulcc.

Yeah, so, uh, it's pretty chill, eh?

"Report time—upon receiving notification of a trip assignment, a reserve pilot shall make his best effort to arrive at the aircraft prior to departure time such that no delay will be incurred. However, the reserve pilot must arrive at the aircraft ready to depart within three hours of the time he was notified of the trip assignment." (Emphasis added.)
Thanks! That doesn't seem too bad.

Have you been out lately? It sucks.

You're not on FB anymore. But I got a crap filled diaper thrown at me not to long ago. A urinal filled with urine thrown in my face last week. Yeah, I've been out there. Jails aren't holding people due to COVID. But mental health jail (involuntary treatment) doesn't have that restriction and we're full. So yeah, I've been out there. And I'm locked in with em too.

That’s impressive, is the Hulk a patient there?

We give the patients a urinal bottle and a bed pan, when we put them in seclusion, or locked seclusion. Because if we let them out of seclusion to use the bathroom. It will be a fight to get them back in. Saying that they need to use the bathroom, or threatening to piss on the floor, or take a duce in the seclusion room is the biggest form of manipulation used by them to try to wrest back power/control in that situation.

Back