Spirit airlines?

Plenty of Docs fly Spirit. Spirit today is not the Spirit of yesterday. In quite a few markets, they are the only game in town. When we see family in PIT, with young kids I prioritize nonstop and PIT-LAX nonstops are only on Spirit. For the in laws, they're in DTW and the only options are Spirit and Delta. And Delta prices their tickets about 3x what Delta does.

I know plenty of doctors (growing up in a doctor family, college friends in med schools, and friends now who are doctors). Doctors are some of the cheapest effs you will ever come across. Sure, they buy that nice house and maybe a nice car, but MANY doctors fly Spirit because it saved them money over [insert mainline carrier].

Seems like I'd prefer to be part of a merger than an acquisition, although neither events are fun for anyone. What do some of you see as next steps for B6 going forward? I do not believe they are done.

Who's left to dance with though?
I just have a feeling B6 is not taking no for an answer. Nevertheless, NK has a poison pill still in effect from 2020, AFAIK. That and the DOJ will definitely cause chaos and uncertainty and likely result in a fail for B6.

I just have a feeling B6 is not taking no for an answer. Nevertheless, NK has a poison pill still in effect from 2020, AFAIK. That and the DOJ will definitely cause chaos and uncertainty and likely result in a fail for B6.
It was only for a year.

• After losing greater than 80% of its value in less than a month, Spirit Airlines adopted a limited duration poison pill.
  • Company rationale: “The COVID-19 pandemic has led to unprecedented disruption for the global airline industry. As a result, over recent weeks we have seen unique and severe dislocations in equity market valuations and, in particular, a substantial reduction in the share price of Spirit. […] We are adopting the Rights Agreement to protect against parties seeking to take advantage of the current market environment to the detriment of Spirit and its shareholders.”
  • Plan duration: 364-day duration; rights become exercisable if a person or group acquires 10% or more of the Company’s outstanding common stock.

Other than a few Aussies, has Spirit hired people from other places on other types of visas ? Seems like I remember some reference to that but can't be sure.

Back