Speaker for Network JC '09?

Perhaps we should consider Calcapt as our Keynote Speaker. He had a lot to contribute at the Roundtable discussion last year and was very well received.

Also,

:sarcasm: I understand he is cheap and easy to get :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :D

:yup: Ain't THAT the truth! :p

well he doesnt just do talks over the SR71. he can do it over basically anything (or at least thats the gist I get from him. If ya'll dont want him, so be it, but being invited to Oshkosh for the past 16 or 17 years and having a completly full schedule until around May im pretty sure he'll be able to bring us something positive
my question is "what?".... can you find out what he would bring to our group that our group would gain knowledge from? not just a story or two...but a meaning behind??

What about Sully Sullenberger? Seriously? Not only because of what happened in New York, but the man who developed over the years before that day.

If you were ever looking for a role model in modern aviation, this would be the man. Honestly, if we could get in contact with him, I could see him accepting the invitation.

Perhaps we should consider Calcapt as our Keynote Speaker. He had a lot to contribute at the Roundtable discussion last year and was very well received.

Also,

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: I understand he is cheap and easy to get :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :D

That really hurts. It might be true, but it still hurts.

Q.....

Love the new flair:

That really hurts. It might be true, but it still hurts.

My darling Calcapt, you should know by now that all I hold for you is respect, admiration, and love. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings and I ask your forgiveness. (apology not sarcasm; but the post you refer to was qualified with multiple sarcasm tags)

My broader point is that perhaps we can look within our group and find talent there if the budget is so constrained. We are eclectic enough to perhaps find someone who can pass along their collective experience in a more formal way and give all of us something to take away. I could only speak on things like Oxygen Physiology of High Altitude Migration in Birds, so I am not it. If someone from our group is not acceptable, or an outside speaker is more desirable, great!

The very best speakers book one to two years in advance and will have speaking fees in excess of 2.5K. Speakers carried by recent fame usually collect speaking fees far greater. I am sure we can find someone who would be able to give us all food for thought and have a reasonable speaking fee.

I am sorry if I hurt your feelings and I ask your forgiveness. (apology not sarcasm; but the post you refer to was qualified with multiple sarcasm tags)

No feelings hurt here. I think you bring up a good point about the possibility of recruiting speaking talent within JC. There are lots of talented and entertaining folks around to choose from. How about the idea of a roast? That also has the potential to be fun and entertaining.

No feelings hurt here. I think you bring up a good point about the possibility of recruiting speaking talent within JC. There are lots of talented and entertaining folks around to choose from. How about the idea of a roast? That also has the potential to be fun and entertaining.

Oh Lord..Now that would open up a big ol' can of worms, don't you think? :p

well, it looks like we may have other speakers that could be coming to NJC...

Doug's currently flying with a captain whose the national strike chairman and he's wanting to come out for this.

we'll see how it plays out.

If you guys are really broke and scraping the bottom of the barrel for speakers, I could regale with some MikeD stories of how I survived in an aviation career, through a balanced combination of wisdom, wit, stupidity, character, training, competence/incompetence, luck, and fear....all culminating in experience.

If you guys are really broke and scraping the bottom of the barrel for speakers, I could regale with some MikeD stories of how I survived in an aviation career, through a balanced combination of wisdom, wit, stupidity, character, training, competence/incompetence, luck, and fear....all culminating in experience.
All while trying to stick it to the man and keeping your hairdoo out of regs!:D

i do..i do....:)

We could certainly use a few members for roundtables again! we're looking at having a few smaller (25 ppl max) roundtables because i hear a lot of comments about the roundtable last year being way too large with too many topics at hand.

Mpenguin set us up REALLY nice with the meeting coordinator at the Marriott... i should know in a day or two if they can pull something out of a hat for us :p

Nope... we're still working on it but can't yet offer to put him in. We've got to acquire space first...

Back