Speaker for Network JC '09?

calcapt and Velo,

I'll make sure to get some, ahem, pharmsutical supplements for ya'll when I'm in China next time. :yar:

I hope you two old geezers are up to the challenge AND in good physical shape. :D

I'll make sure to get some, ahem, pharmsutical supplements for ya'll when I'm in China next time. :yar:

Listen, Q. Navy pilots are the cream of the crop. We don't get older, we just get better.

And Polar...Having met all these ladies, I'm confident that their lucky partners have no need for chemical stimulation.

CN94559 talked to him today.

$1000 plus room and car, plus a car. I'm not sure about a flight. I don't know if he gets a deal with American already since he flew with them.

CN94559 will be in later to clarify some of this stuff, but that's the jist of it.

$1000 plus room and car, plus a car

FAIL!! haha

ok heres the rundown,

$1000 for the basic speaker fee plus, basic expenses and rental car.

he'd love to do it if ya'll can give him a date to see if it'll fit in his schedule

think its doable?

he'd need a rental car for vegas? everything would probably be on the strip and accessible via cab/shuttle.

he'd need a rental car for vegas? everything would probably be on the strip and accessible via cab/shuttle.

That could be negotiated. Taxi fares should be reimbursed or airport transportation should be included in the speaker's renumeration package.

well, yea... i figured paying taxi or having someone pick him up if we're able to take him on.

With sales/tourism taxes and all, a rental car would be more expensive than cab

im sure he'd be open to negotiation. he was just giving me the examples. his words were something like "airfare, room, car, just the general expenses."

so im sure if we offer it to him in the form of taxi or the shuttles he'll oblige.

I can ask him to seriously put it down on his schedule and contact Doug or you Kristie, all you have to do is say the word

im sure he'd be open to negotiation. he was just giving me the examples. his words were something like "airfare, room, car, just the general expenses."

See what throwing in splitting a case of Miller Lite with a second-tier freight pilot no one's ever heard of would do to the cost.

If he really wants to playball, I'm willing to up my offer to 2 cases of beer.

I can only guess it would raise is quote. :yar:

No, really, I'd chip in (as long as I have a job at that time:crazy:)

See what throwing in splitting a case of Miller Lite with a second-tier freight pilot no one's ever heard of would do to the cost. If he really wants to playball, I'm willing to up my offer to 2 cases of beer. No, really, I'd chip in (as long as I have a job at that time:crazy:)

Super! I will take care of everything else for the speaker. Doug already knows. Oh, wait, that sounds bad...............:D

Can I get a name tag that says "JC Liaison"? :D

No, not Cap'n Ron. You had me thinking a bit though...I think it was Don James (?)...I remember he flew either a Swift or Culver Cadet out of Delphi...

Did you make it to that one too? Remember all the non-students in attendance?

Yeah, I think you're right.

No I didn't make it to that one.

See what throwing in splitting a case of Miller Lite with a second-tier freight pilot no one's ever heard of would do to the cost.

If he really wants to playball, I'm willing to up my offer to 2 cases of beer.

I can only guess it would raise is quote. :yar:

No, really, I'd chip in (as long as I have a job at that time:crazy:)

haha im sure that'd help him. he told me that protocol for his student pilots on their first solo in the AF when he was instructing there was to give him a bottle of his favorite booz, so this just might swing him :D

Super! I will take care of everything else for the speaker. Doug already knows. Oh, wait, that sounds bad...............:D

and is this sarcasim or for real? I cant tell :crazy:

Hey guys:

I am sure Rich Graham is a super nice guy. I am seriously wondering however what he is going to present in his lecture that will provide attendees with value? I am sure he will share how cool it is to fly the SR71, and he certainly will have stories about his time with AA, but is that information what we want to spend $1000 plus expenses on? I know funds are tight this year and I just think that every penny spent ought to be scrutinized for the benefit of those attending. I am in favor of a speaker but wonder if we ought to narrow our focus down to someone who can provide motivation, inspiration and more importantly, specific guidance that each of us could can use to further our aviation pursuits. If Rich is everybody's choice, I am OK with that; however, I just wanted to raise the question to insure our minds remained open to other possibilities.

Hey guys:

I am sure Rich Graham is a super nice guy. I am seriously wondering however what he is going to present in his lecture that will provide attendees with value? I am sure he will share how cool it is to fly the SR71, and he certainly will have stories about his time with AA, but is that information what we want to spend $1000 plus expenses on? I know funds are tight this year and I just think that every penny spent ought to be scrutinized for the benefit of those attending. I am in favor of a speaker but wonder if we ought to narrow our focus down to someone who can provide motivation, inspiration and more importantly, specific guidance that each of us could can use to further our aviation pursuits. If Rich is everybody's choice, I am OK with that; however, I just wanted to raise the question to insure our minds remained open to other possibilities.

Do you have anyone you'd like to hear speak? Maybe if we're given options a vote could be taken? Just a thought. :)

well he doesnt just do talks over the SR71. he can do it over basically anything (or at least thats the gist I get from him. If ya'll dont want him, so be it, but being invited to Oshkosh for the past 16 or 17 years and having a completly full schedule until around May im pretty sure he'll be able to bring us something positive

Hey guys: I am seriously wondering however what he is going to present in his lecture that will provide attendees with value?

Do you have anyone you'd like to hear speak? Maybe if we're given options a vote could be taken? Just a thought. :)

Perhaps we should consider Calcapt as our Keynote Speaker. He had a lot to contribute at the Roundtable discussion last year and was very well received.

Also,

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: I understand he is cheap and easy to get :sarcasm: :sarcasm: :D

Back