Southwest Suspending hiring through 2024....

It is funny, but I actually thought yesterday about how I wish AS would eye the 195 E2 now. I have never been legitimately less confident in Boeing's future and more importantly, the 737 MAX program, than I am right now. Do I wish we would have gone with A321 NEOs even more so in hindsight? Absolutely...
I was thinking the same thing too. I wonder if the 195-E2 could be a 717 and -700 replacement.

Aren’t A220s unobtanium right now?

At current, it seems as if this airplane would cause just as many issues as the max. It’s already put one airline out of business.

Hmm. I honestly don't know about that. We've had very few problems with it once we've figured out how to operate it. It has quirks like anything else.

@alaskadrifter - I'm not sure? B6 is taking deliveries of more than 25 this year.

Hmm. I honestly don't know about that. We've had very few problems with it once we've figured out how to operate it. It has quirks like anything else.

@alaskadrifter - I'm not sure? B6 is taking deliveries of more than 25 this year.
Right, but B6 already had orders in. According to Wikipedia there is almost a 600 plane backlog. What the kind of wait time that equates I have no idea, but most likely after Boeing gets their Max issues cleared up. Unless more problems surface.

Right, but B6 already had orders in. According to Wikipedia there is almost a 600 plane backlog. What the kind of wait time that equates I have no idea, but most likely after Boeing gets their Max issues cleared up. Unless more problems surface.

I think besides the Pratt issues it's been okay. I know the Mx guys have hated working on certain aspects of it, and it's a very grumpy airplane with electrical issues, but like I said, we (and SouthernJets) have figured out how to operate 'em.

SouthernJets has also done well with them, I believe.

Seems like a great plane. I don't know anyone who flies them that doesn't like it. But it sounds like the ultimate boopity-beep-boop experience, which I suppose some people don't like *GAHHHHHH I ONLY FLY REAL JETS......I GOT MAH TWO CUPHOLDERS AND MAH BAG COOLER RIGHT THERE AND ITS GOT ABEAM POINTS TOO!"

Seems like a great plane. I don't know anyone who flies them that doesn't like it. But it sounds like the ultimate boopity-beep-boop experience, which I suppose some people don't like *GAHHHHHH I ONLY FLY REAL JETS......I GOT MAH TWO CUPHOLDERS AND MAH BAG COOLER RIGHT THERE AND ITS GOT ABEAM POINTS TOO!"
Mountain Dew?

Mark this down as the only time I wish I had done a stint at AMF!!

It was quite the experience to actually walk into a venue and women would offer to buy you drinks. Haha

"Just so you know this is just a drink and nothing else. Right?"

I think besides the Pratt issues it's been okay. I know the Mx guys have hated working on certain aspects of it, and it's a very grumpy airplane with electrical issues, but like I said, we (and SouthernJets) have figured out how to operate 'em.

SouthernJets has also done well with them, I believe.
I think that’s the issue. Good plane with terrible (as of now) engines.

I think the problem for WN, is that they were looking for a sub 150 pax airplane, with a 4000 mile range. They want to use that airplane both as a SWA RJ-analog, but also to introduce long, thin city pairs. When the max didn’t happen on schedule there are just very few alternatives out there.

If I were king of Embraer right now I’d be rushing to design an “E195 E2-Plus”, 5 abreast, with a 4000 mile range, that could be delivered by 2027, and setting up a US office in Dallas and manufacturing near Waco or something. I’d call it the Embraer Luvjet - designed exclusively for SWA and built in Texas.

No bad ideas in a brainstorm! 🤓
Well I listened to the livestream at the investor conference this morning and the question of Boeing risk came up. Sorry to burst your bubble but that ain't happening, get ready to spend the rest of your days in the guppy. I'm paraphrasing but the answer was two fold, first we are standing by Boeing, the country, industry, and Southwest Airlines needs a healthy Boeing. So they can fix their issues now, and deliver the airplanes later. Second, another fleet type doesn't reduce the risk. If you lose a third to half of your fleet it is just as catastrophic so all it really does is add cost and according to him the cost doesn't outweigh the benefits.

And to add emphasis to the cost thing the primary focus of the update was how they are focused, laser focused even, on getting back to double digit margins. He doubled down on catch phrases and buzz words so that's how you know he is serious when it comes to that.

It is going to be guppy life forever
<iframe src="The Sandlot GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY" width="480" height="276" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
View: https://giphy.com/gifs/movie-forever-the-sandlot-l4FB8FfpphPmxdTkA
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Or maybe tomorrow they will announce that we are buying a bunch of old Q400s and they will run them on a combo of Bio-Willie and SAF.

It is funny, but I actually thought yesterday about how I wish AS would eye the 195 E2 now. I have never been legitimately less confident in Boeing's future and more importantly, the 737 MAX program, than I am right now. Do I wish we would have gone with A321 NEOs even more so in hindsight? Absolutely...

There was one in the AS MX hangar in SEA four or five years ago, maybe more. It spent a few days in there though. BT was even sporting an embraer baseball hat for a time. Admittedly QX already had the 175, so meh.

It’s a CRJ with upgraded avionics.

Back in my mid-twentiies when I was at AMF....We had a weekens layover in KBED for medical nuke flying. Well the hotel had a monthly gathering in one of it's banquet room for a grouo of women who had labeled themselves "Heavenly Bodies". They were all plus-sized and would actively buy drinks for any guy wondering through the hotel. They were really aggressive. It was interesting being on the flip-side of the coin. These ladies eventually were banned from having their event at the hotel because they were too roudy.
I never got any of this free drink nonsense on those layovers!

Back