Southwest 345 Transcript from LGA

Unofficially, when I was pretty senior and "in the loop" on the mad dog, I was asked by someone to fly with a person that was on a lot of "Do Not Fly With" lists, but I declined.

I'm not an evaluator and if there's a problem, they need to take care of it.

But, unofficially, if you end up on a lot of DNF lists, sometimes they take note at some airlines.
Good call on your part.

Once someone gets known via Pro Stans or write ups from other pilots/check airmen, then they get on the radar. It's up to flight standards and the CPOs to take it from there. The avoid bid isn't really a thing, but typically if someone is on lots of peoples avoid bids they have other stuff going on, too.

One of the ATL 320 guys that is on most of the avoid lists came just prior to getting fired last year. He had an FO go "I didn't think this was going to work" and walked off the plane in preflight. The CP office tried to press the issue and burn the FO, but the 320 program jumped in and said that they knew about the CA. To be clear, he's not an unsafe pilot- he's just a complete •.

Nothing. That's why it's rarely effective. It's basically just a method of trying to talk sense into someone, pilot to pilot. If they don't listen, then Pro Stands has no hammer to wield.

Pro Stans is more or less the final fence before getting thrown to mgmt. At least at SJI, it goes pro stans, then mgmt, then mgmt wipes their hands clean of it and training or discipline stuff will make the kill.

Good call on your part.

Once someone gets known via Pro Stans or write ups from other pilots/check airmen, then they get on the radar. It's up to flight standards and the CPOs to take it from there. The avoid bid isn't really a thing, but typically if someone is on lots of peoples avoid bids they have other stuff going on, too.

One of the ATL 320 guys that is on most of the avoid lists came just prior to getting fired last year. He had an FO go "I didn't think this was going to work" and walked off the plane in preflight. The CP office tried to press the issue and burn the FO, but the 320 program jumped in and said that they knew about the CA. To be clear, he's not an unsafe pilot- he's just a complete •.

Pro Stans is more or less the final fence before getting thrown to mgmt. At least at SJI, it goes pro stans, then mgmt, then mgmt wipes their hands clean of it and training or discipline stuff will make the kill.

I've only packed up and headed toward the door once because the captain wanted to fly in an operation that wasn't legal, because "maintenance (not dispatch) says it's ok" and against good common sense.

Luckily, the flight was cancelled by the dispatcher just as I was pulling out my cellphone to call the duty pilot.

Hard line. Wed, thurs, fri all month. 18 days off. Short PBI on Christmas Day. But, excited to have weekends off!
Nice job man. That's what's called smart bidding and making the best of your seniority. On the bright side, I will have a line to work with, so I can try to make the rest of my month pleasant via elitt and trades. Would be worse if I was working Christmas and on reserve all month.

Yup, this is the first Christmas I'll have had to work since 2004 but that was my choice so I'm making the best of it! Looking forward to the weekends with the family.

Good call on your part.

I did CQ with a heavily unpopular captain a number of years ago. FO's couldn't stand him, other CA's couldn't stand him and he had a hell of a time with the instructors in the simulator during CQ. i did my job and, as a crew, made sure we didn't bend any electronic metal and did my best to support him whenever he took the wrong exit and was headed toward fiery DOOM.

He's my crewmember, I had to have his back in the box the same way I would if he was not up to speed in the airplane.

We both pass and then I get a very similar "How did you feel" call a few days later. Again, I'm not an evaluator and if you think there's a problem, take care of it during the evaluation process or bring him back to the Wonka Factory, sit him down at the desk and close the door for a chat.

Back