So, what so you do?

The funny part is a lot of non pilots when trying to impress the women tell them they are pilots. I had a student tell me about his friend telling a girl at a bar he flies the M-16 for the Air-force. Since the girl was a military brat, it did not go over so well.

The funny part is a lot of non pilots when trying to impress the women tell them they are pilots. I had a student tell me about his friend telling a girl at a bar he flies the M-16 for the Air-force. Since the girl was a military brat, it did not go over so well.

That's funny, but I say that I'm a pilot because that's what I actually do for a living. If some girl thinks I'm trying to look cool, well sorry, she can go talk to the crumb on the other end of the bar who might actually be lying. :)

I tell people I'm a pilot most of the time, but sometimes, before that, I'll say some random thing to mess with them.

"I'm a donut whole extractor - we call our selves wholigraphers, there's a convention in town."
"I work for a company that sells after-market modifications for wheel barrows."
"I teach sign language to deaf kids."
"Me? Oh I am a potter who wholly works in reproduction Moche sex pots."
"I'm an unemployed zeppelin mechanic."
"I own a geese rental service."

Generally anything I can think of that's off the wall and unlikely, then I'll run with it for a little while for grins.

Lol. Thankfully, Ive been around pilots my whole life. I know all the newbie-FA-haing tricks. :)
I think my favorite FA joke was the fwd lav viewer on the 727. One of the flight attendants was chatting with us in cruise. Mike the Captain turns to me in the FE seat and asks "Can you check the lav viewer for me? I have to hit the head."
I opened the fuel jettison panel and peeked inside. "It's open, go for it" Was my reply.
The skipper tried to convince her that we used the forward lavatory cockpit viewer only for cases of bonafide physiological need. It's not like we are pervs or anything.
She told us she'd never use that lav again and that she was going to tell the other girls. She seemed a bit flustered...
The FA's always got even with us but it was always good fun.:)

I think my favorite FA joke was the fwd lav viewer on the 727. One of the flight attendants was chatting with us in cruise. Mike the Captain turns to me in the FE seat and asks "Can you check the lav viewer for me? I have to hit the head."
I opened the fuel jettison panel and peeked inside. "It's open, go for it" Was my reply.
The skipper tried to convince her that we used the forward lavatory cockpit viewer only for cases of bonafide physiological need. It's not like we are pervs or anything.
She told us she'd never use that lav again and that she was going to tell the other girls. She seemed a bit flustered...
The FA's always got even with us but it was always good fun.:)

Lol. Thats one Ive never heard of! (You're also telling your age, there honey! :) )

My crew tried EVERYTHING when I was on my first trip off of IOE: Air samples, lav water samples, run and grab the keys from the gate agent, taping pictures to the inside of my briefing card... didnt work. lol

The person who DID get me though was the other FA! He was gayer than Christmas. On my VERY first time working A (First class and announcement maker) and my VERY first time making abin announcements by myself (At the time, the policy was to make them standing in full view of the pax, from memory) He stood in the aft gally, just behind row 20 and started doing a MOCK STRIP TEASE! (Undoin his belt, undoing his tie) Since all of the passengers were facing forward and there was no one in row 20, no one knew why I suddenly froze and had to abandon the announcement alltogether!

Lol. Thats one Ive never heard of! (You're also telling your age, there honey! :) )

My crew tried EVERYTHING when I was on my first trip off of IOE: Air samples, lav water samples, run and grab the keys from the gate agent, taping pictures to the inside of my briefing card... didnt work. lol

The person who DID get me though was the other FA! He was gayer than Christmas. On my VERY first time working A (First class and announcement maker) and my VERY first time making abin announcements by myself (At the time, the policy was to make them standing in full view of the pax, from memory) He stood in the aft gally, just behind row 20 and started doing a MOCK STRIP TEASE! (Undoin his belt, undoing his tie) Since all of the passengers were facing forward and there was no one in row 20, no one knew why I suddenly froze and had to abandon the announcement alltogether!

That's funny. Such things can be done on the pilot side of the house, too. While the other guy is in the middle of a PA, you can type "DONT.SAY.[expletive deleted]" into your FMS scratchpad, then tap them on the shoulder and point mid-speech. Not that I know first-hand. :D

That's funny. Such things can be done on the pilot side of the house, too. While the other guy is in the middle of a PA, you can type "DONT.SAY.[expletive deleted]" into your FMS scratchpad, then tap them on the shoulder and point mid-speech. Not that I know first-hand. :D
me either:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm older than dirt but that's not important now. :)
Your fellow flight attendant sounds like a bad,bad man. Hard to believe you gave all that up! I guess dispatch would have it's moments as well.

. Hard to believe you gave all that up! I guess dispatch would have it's moments as well.

There isnt enough money on the planet to make me go back to being an FA. And yes, dispatch has its moments. The only difference is we're alot more evil. :D

My question is how many of ya'll tell people you are in these other comical industries, but just can't resist the urge a few seconds later...."Nah, I'm a pilot"

Don't lie

Back