Small-sized luggage

I have a LW Aurora 14” that I got about a year ago. I pretty much exclusively use it for day trips and attach it to my beat up LW stealth for longer trips. Not a big packer but I think it would be pretty snug for a 4 day unless you had another bag with you. Also carry a Bose A20 in it that takes up a decent amount of space so YMMV based on that. Have no idea how it would fit in with the motorcycle commute but can confirm it fits easily inside the back of a Mazda.
I mean, I just did a 3-day with only my flight bag. That's a little too little, though, and my shoulder hurts from carrying it. Do you like the Aurora? Does it seem sturdy? The travelpro has a design more appropriate for my needs, but despite their declining reputation I still have a lot of faith in LW.

I mean, I just did a 3-day with only my flight bag. That's a little too little, though, and my shoulder hurts from carrying it. Do you like the Aurora? Does it seem sturdy? The travelpro has a design more appropriate for my needs, but despite their declining reputation I still have a lot of faith in LW.
It seems sturdy enough so far. No issue with zippers or pockets yet and the handle extends and retracts easily still. I haven’t used the Travelpro version but I don’t know how big of a difference there would be in quality.

Backpacks are expressly verboten. They were my go to for commuting for years.

Joys of 135….
I know the pain. Verboten at my shop as well :(.

Hence the beauty of turning it into a roller….its not a backpack if you drag it ;). Or pull a page from the mil handbook, “its allowed if i carry it one hand” 😂

I really like this thing. It's the perfect size for a turn (and to keep a toothbrush, chargers, a pair of undies and other miscellany for when you inevitably don't get home because extensions are scheduling tools) or for holding all the bits necessary to keep oneself occupied on break on an ocean crossing and while commuting too. And it has wheels, so you needn't schlep.

I really like this thing. It's the perfect size for a turn (and to keep a toothbrush, chargers, a pair of undies and other miscellany for when you inevitably don't get home because extensions are scheduling tools) or for holding all the bits necessary to keep oneself occupied on break on an ocean crossing and while commuting too. And it has wheels, so you needn't schlep.

Is there a cheap chinese knockoff for those of us who aren't on widget pay? :)

Is there a cheap chinese knockoff for those of us who aren't on widget pay? :)
I bought my B&R stuff when Bendo crapped gold doubloons circa 2021(? it all blends together, at this point) to keep us all in the air when the 'rona went wild over that NYE.

I was considering this:

... is there a reason you chose the expandable briefcase instead?

Also, can someone explain why B&R is so expensive? It looks like generic luggage. I'm willing to find out for myself, but I'd like to know why it's so spendy.

Also, can someone explain why B&R is so expensive? It looks like generic luggage. I'm willing to find out for myself, but I'd like to know why it's so spendy.

Obviously value is in the eye of the beholder, but in my experience the BR stuff is very, very well-made, and they stand behind the product and really do honor the warranty without trying to get out of things. My one BR bag came from an outlet store in 2009 and it's still kicking. I would not pay full retail boat for BR, but you can find deals at outlet places on them.

I was considering this:

... is there a reason you chose the expandable briefcase instead?

I mostly picked the briefcase because I can count on one or maybe one and a half hands the number of turns I’ve actually flown in my career, and I needed a flight kit style arrangement more than I needed a “turn bag.” That said, if I ever do become a turn king, I’d probably get that cabin one you linked instead.

I’ve had these bags for almost three years now, a year of which I’ve spent commuting and it’s held up incredibly well. They’re also remarkably lightweight empty, which is nice when you’ve got a shoulder that occasionally hurts. I haven’t used their warranty support yet, but these things are rather fantastically well built.

Back