Small-sized luggage

🦈💜

All dragon~
So I love my Stealth 22. If I'm going to be on the road commuting, or for a four-day (or five-day), it's great.

But I commute on motorcycle, and I'm thinking of picking up a smaller luggage that is easier to strap to the back seat. (I have a top case and side cases for my flight bags :)

At the moment I'm avoiding my LW and carrying everything in a giant Contrail flight bag that weighs about 45lbs on a single shoulder. I've looked at the Luggageworks Aurora 14" and the TravelPro rolling overnighter series, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with the smaller-sized rollers?

TIA 🦈💜

images (25).jpeg

Jealous of the bike…sold my crotch rocket when I got more “safety conscious” and miss it everyday. Used a cheap big backpack when I used to commute for day turns on it. So not much help.

So I love my Stealth 22. If I'm going to be on the road commuting, or for a four-day (or five-day), it's great.

But I commute on motorcycle, and I'm thinking of picking up a smaller luggage that is easier to strap to the back seat. (I have a top case and side cases for my flight bags :)

At the moment I'm avoiding my LW and carrying everything in a giant Contrail flight bag that weighs about 45lbs on a single shoulder. I've looked at the Luggageworks Aurora 14" and the TravelPro rolling overnighter series, but I was wondering if anyone has experience with the smaller-sized rollers?

TIA 🦈💜
I don’t know what the mounting plate for your top case looks like, but I used to strap my stealth 22 to the rear rack with a couple NRS cam straps. Worked great.

I’m finding more and more FOs with overpacked bags on the 737 that can’t fit under the jumpseat cubby where they belong. And they strap it on the 2nd jumpseat like that’s a normal thing.

No, it isn’t. I don’t even hesitate anymore. “Hey, could you please put that below in the cubby?”

“It doesn’t fit.”

“Oh. Ok, then the first class overhead bin…”

I’m finding more and more FOs with overpacked bags on the 737 that can’t fit under the jumpseat cubby where they belong. And they strap it on the 2nd jumpseat like that’s a normal thing.

No, it isn’t. I don’t even hesitate anymore. “Hey, could you please put that below in the cubby?”

“It doesn’t fit.”

“Oh. Ok, then the first class overhead bin…”
Oh, so you're that guy. My bag fits in the cubby but it doesn't take much to tear it pulling it out. I use the cubby but it sucks. Probably 30-40% of the captains I fly with strap it to the jump. I wonder where these FOs are learning that.

Oh, so you're that guy. My bag fits in the cubby but it doesn't take much to tear it pulling it out. I use the cubby but it sucks. Probably 30-40% of the captains I fly with strap it to the jump. I wonder where these FOs are learning that.

That guy?

I don’t know, how about follow the FOM when it says jumpseats are not for bag stowage.

Not to mention, it’s the a place FAs can sit during a rest room break and just chill for 3-5 minutes during break.

The world doesn’t have to revolve around your bag.

It’s not my business, but I am this —-><—- close from just outright saying “if it doesn’t fit under the cubby, maybe, pack less chit?”

95% of the time I fly with both bags under the jumpseat in their cubby.

Some of these bags are so bulky, it’s like, did you murder all your cats and pack them too? I’ve done 4 day trips before. My bag had never been that bulky. Stop taking useless crap on your overnights.

I pretty much bring two plain clothes outfits on any trip, whether it be a 4 day, or a two day. I bring no spares of uniform items (haha). Weird hot to cold back to back overnights complicates this a little with footwear, but flip flops take almost no additional room. I could do 5 days with a not overly packed luggage works 737 bag if I had to. But I'll say that I have seen a few CA's who have a secondary bag they will strap into the 2nd jump. I'd probably pack more heavily if I hadn't noticed by now that I tend to wear 20% of the stuff I actually pack. If I had to guess, people are getting out of control with the workout/gym gear/toys they bring along.

TIA 🦈💜

I have a LW Aurora 14” that I got about a year ago. I pretty much exclusively use it for day trips and attach it to my beat up LW stealth for longer trips. Not a big packer but I think it would be pretty snug for a 4 day unless you had another bag with you. Also carry a Bose A20 in it that takes up a decent amount of space so YMMV based on that. Have no idea how it would fit in with the motorcycle commute but can confirm it fits easily inside the back of a Mazda.

Back