SkyWest pilot pay package

Second one deals with a long time union volunteer who would say the last plane he wanted to be current in was the Avro. That is bullcrap. While this gentleman did a great job over the years defending pilots, he ran over to management when he realized his union position was up and he would actually need to fly the line full time.

I'd have done the exact same thing if I was him. Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing noble about flying airplanes as a regular line pilot. Nothing wrong with it, either, but certainly nothing to be admired. It's just a job. At least in his management job he has a chance of being able to effect real change instead of just moving metal from point A to point B. Now if he doesn't do that and instead becomes a real •, then criticize him for that. But not for just taking the job.

Oh, let me be clearer....I can't respect or trust anyone who feels that it is acceptable to be a VP of Flight Operations or higher in management at a Regional/Fee for Departure Airline.

VP of Flight Operations (or above the corporate ladder) at a Legacy/Major? Absolutely I respect and trust them.

"Tell em Seggy....tell them how we are all trustworthy folks and would never mistreat a pilot, unlike those scrupulous regional scum . Heck, i'll even watch your kids when you and the wife need a night out. Tell them Uncle Frank is coming over"

Last edited:
I'd have done the exact same thing if I was him. Contrary to popular belief, there's nothing noble about flying airplanes as a regular line pilot. Nothing wrong with it, either, but certainly nothing to be admired. It's just a job. At least in his management job he has a chance of being able to effect real change instead of just moving metal from point A to point B. Now if he doesn't do that and instead becomes a real •, then criticize him for that. But not for just taking the job.

Make change??? HAHAHAHA. You must have forgotten that Delta has that group in such a close vice around the scrotum sack that any change without micromanagement from Delta.

You seem to forget that he was the face of attempting to bring all the regionals together and on the same page to 'raise the bar'. As soon as his company was faced with issues look what happened. Yes it was under the distress of bankruptcy, but it put a lot of bad taste in a lot of folks mouths. Couple that, with him going to management, well....it piled that bad taste.

"Tell em Seggy....tell them how we are all trustworthy folks and would never mistreat a pilot, unlike those scrupulous regional scum . Heck, i'll even watch your kids when you and the wife need a night out. Tell them Uncle Frank is coming over"

You saw the children we had running Colgan thinking it was 'amazing'. Then look at the adults running your place. Night and day difference.

Make change??? HAHAHAHA. You must have forgotten that Delta has that group in such a close vice around the scrotum sack that any change without micromanagement from Delta.

Even change as small as not getting a carpet dance for something that doesn't warrant it matters. Not every change has to change the world. Sometimes the little things matter, and yes, middle managers who want to make a difference, can.

but it put a lot of bad taste in a lot of folks mouths

Yes, pilots are irrational.

Ok.

I still don't respect or trust anyone at the Vice President level or above that in the corporate ladder at a Regional/Fee For Departure Carrier.

Oh, good grief, not everyone has to have the same career aspirations as you. This sort of blanket rejection of people, not based upon their actions but instead based upon their mere position, is ridiculous.

That's incorrect. Nothing in that case determined that there was a binding agreement between the pilots and Skywest. You have to understand that there's a difference between a binding contract and a duty to not interfere with organizing. Skywest is prohibited from taking actions that would be considered retaliation for a union drive (such as unilaterally changing terms of employment purely to punish employees for an organizing drive), but they are free to adjust terms of employment outside of that protection.
I may have cited the wrong link. I was on my iphone. I can find it, but it's in there somewhere.

61856234.jpg

Ok.

I still don't respect or trust anyone at the Vice President level or above that in the corporate ladder at a Regional/Fee For Departure Carrier.

I learned long ago back in the early 90's that if an airline managers lips are moving, they're lying.

Last edited:
Friday, May 8th at 2000 Mountain Time. Should be.... entertaining... to read the sapa forums Friday night

I'm sure they'll either crash or go offline like they did when the proposal first came out.

I'm a first year guy and a NO vote, but talking to a few other brand new hires I'm actually worried about which way this thing is going to go. The few I talked to didn't look beyond the instant pay raise for first year.

The company can keep it's .50cent/hr, I want improvement in QOL. Higher MDG, min days off, reflow language that includes how notification works. Simply calling scheduling shouldn't mean an automatic notification and acceptance of change. There's a reason I don't ever answer my phone, and avoid talking to them all together. Also dump all the vague language.

I'm a trusting person, to a point. It's served me well.

I'm also a scrupulously honest person, and that, too, has served me well.

I take my chances.

-Fox

You will discover, when (if you go there) you get to a large carrier, pilot's are their own worst enemy. There is ALWAYS a guy who tries to bend the contract to his advantage and ends up screwing it up for everybody else. It never fails.

You will discover, when (if you go there) you get to a large carrier, pilot's are their own worst enemy. There is ALWAYS a guy who tries to bend the contract to his advantage and ends up screwing it up for everybody else. It never fails.

"This is why we can't have nice things!"

Very true though. Why I'd have a hard time being a status rep. "Wait, you did what and you want me to defend you?"

Back