SkyWest hiring...

CPZ9900

Just posted today, SkyWest is hiring...

https://rn21.ultipro.com/sky1000/jobboard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*BBF0D8E67E530A19

They will fly you out to LAS for an interview. Please know about SGU before applying. Training is about 8-10 weeks, including OJT. You will have a two-part competency check prior to being signed off. You will be qualified only on the CRJ initially, followed by the ERJ shortly there after. No further dispatchers will be qualified on the Brasilia at this time. The starting pay is now 15.68 and after the first year it goes up to 17.XX... not sure on the exact amount. They will hire people without experience.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

And i'll leave you with the always interesting St. George video, haha.

Last edited:
Hey CPZ9900, sorry that last question was poor...makes me look like a cop or something...
I guess my real question is how accurate is your info? It all sounds good. I thought you work over at expressJet...
Any more info and how many dispatchers they will hire on this go around?

Hey CPZ9900, sorry that last question was poor...makes me look like a cop or something...
I guess my real question is how accurate is your info? It all sounds good. I thought you work over at expressJet...

It looks like you've done a thorough background check on this man Officer...

I mean Mr. McClure ;)

How accurate is my info? It's legit.

Also, heard its going to be a small class... so who knows, maybe 2-3?

Years of Service (Department)
Pay Rate
0 to 1
$15.68
1 to 2
$17.53
2 to 3
$18.75
3 to 4
$19.70
4 to 5
$20.26

Or 14th, in my case. Keep on the hunt, Scott!

Wow, 14? That is a lot. Thought I had a pretty high number at 6 different airlines during my career (so far, although I'm pretty sure I'm at my final one now.)

Or 14th, in my case. Keep on the hunt, Scott!
Thanks! Wow, where did you find 14 airlines to apply to for dispatcher?

Wow, 14? That is a lot. Thought I had a pretty high number at 6 different airlines during my career (so far, although I'm pretty sure I'm at my final one now.)
No, we mean application! Or at least that's what I meant. I'm still a newbie..

Starting salary is posted on their site with the job description. A guy I went to DX school with went there from Great Lakes and was very happy with his decision, FWIW.

No, we mean application! Or at least that's what I meant. I'm still a newbie..

Ah, OK. My bad. I think I sent my resume to a lot more than 14 airlines when I first got my license. Didn't hear from many either. However I believe I only interviewed twice before I got hired somewhere.

Back