SkyW Pay Package Out - No concessions

Did they 'ruin' it or make a mistake?

How do you think your PBS would look if it weren't for your union to negotiate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh goodness...good luck with this one Seggy.

The same folks who complain that the 'Union' ruined "it" are the same ones who likely re-elected the latest cadre of representatives in two LECs within the ASA system.

You're a smart guy, pretty sure you can spot the hypocrisy.

Granted, our PBS is still considered industry leading (duh - 30 hour credit window, vacation low bidding benefits, the list really does go on...[word to the wise when voting over the next two days - say no to a 15 or 20 hour credit window, draconian changes to vacation low benefits, dynamic min guarantee language, no duty-rig for non-CDOs]) and I was not making a statement regarding anyone ruining our PBS.

The only thing the two MECs did was get embroiled in an argument because one side thought their line bidding system could somehow make it through the negotiating process for BOTH pilot groups - even in the face and perfectly clear statement from the President and COO of the Company saying (paraphrasing here) "PBS is the future, this company will not be one of the last line bidding operations." And yet, in the end, the legacy-XJT line bidding will disappear for either the infant and poorly supported SmartPref or for our refined and very well supported FlightLine PrefBid system coupled with our legacy ASA work-rules framework. But hey, they get to enjoy all their line bidding benefits for another two years while the XJT-MEC Scheduling committee finds another way to waste two more years of the company's money trying to figure out the abortion that is SmartPref. Granted, that is if this abortion of a TA passes. Which hell, maybe it will and Unicorns will fall from the sky with skittles.

So yeah, the Union ruined, perhaps more like wasted. 'time' because of a fairly over-zealous scheduling chairman.

Okay - back to my Woodford. Have fun boys!

Cherokee Cruiser said: [You can call it as you like, but you have to admit it is ironic the highest paying regional (and probably the most stable if there such a thing) is a non-union SkyWest. [Compared to all the other ALPA regionals]

What does that have to do with anything?

Polar opposites. The Jet U anti-union guy and the ALPA apologist. I'm not a fan of either....pretty much equally....

Cherokee Cruiser said: [You can call it as you like, but you have to admit it is ironic the highest paying regional (and probably the most stable if there such a thing) is a non-union SkyWest. [Compared to all the other ALPA regionals]

Polar opposites. The Jet U anti-union guy and the ALPA apologist. I'm not a fan of either....pretty much equally....

Do you have anything productive to add or are you just enjoying throwing stones at me and Cherokee?

Seggy said:
@surreal1221, that sounds like a person "ruined" it. Still not sure how the union "ruined" anything?

Well, considering I don't share the sentiment expressed by the one who said "ruined," I don't really know what else to say.

However, just because one over-zealous individual "ruins" something, I would caution against an individual judging that person's disaster as the disaster of the much much larger organization.

Pretty certain you notice the simplistic complaints tossed like grenades without much more context than "they" (Union) ruined it.

Last edited:
Nevermind.

I agree...the Union didn't ruin anything.

Individuals that became over-zealous during the negotiating process did.

However, it is easier for people to accept the simple explanation for incidents - and thus - the Union ruined it.

You and I agree.

And now, nevermind. @Seggy. I'll stop making it a habit to answer for others, cause who knows - maybe Joe has a good explanation for how he believes the Union ruined "it."

And now you see the true leverage that having a non union pilot group provides for a holding company.

Thanks, but I've always seen it. Been preaching one list since day one. Don't think it's going to happen now and I agree with @jtrain609 that ship has likely sailed. What might work is for the two of us to form our own separate union to support both groups. Over 7,000 strong sounds pretty nice to me.

Thanks, but I've always seen it. Been preaching one list since day one. Don't think it's going to happen now and I agree with @jtrain609 that ship has likely sailed. What might work is for the two of us to form our own separate union to support both groups. Over 7,000 strong sounds pretty nice to me.

Call me some day eh? I want to talk with you about that hut trip you did!

Well guys, I have to admit it. I did a little soul searching, and have changed my mind. I think we can do better than this, and I voted no.

Right on, ultimately I declined as well. Couldn't break tradition of voting no on every pay package since I've been hired ;) Even though I did vote to send it out, but that is another story.

Right on, ultimately I declined as well. Couldn't break tradition of voting no on every pay package since I've been hired ;) Even though I did vote to send it out, but that is another story.

Is the pay package expected to pass? I haven't talked to anyone at SkyWest who voted for it. Seems like a bad idea to give up the FO raise when the contract is only one year, then the jet guys could fight for what they want on the next one.

Back