SkyW Pay Package Out - No concessions

"In spite of the current market conditions?"

What the hell?

You mean the market conditions in which every single major carrier that provides the CPA flying is posting record profits almost every single quarter?

Sorry, that statement was just irritating.

Is is possible that they could be showing that big raise for the Bro so it looks good on paper, and then plan on losing the Bro fleet, and thus not have to actually pay people that money for that seat?

I'm not a SkyWest hater, I'm just thinking out loud regarding how I think AAG would do things... Hah.
I think it's entirely possible - so are many things, though. The Brasilia is a fairly profitable niche operation, United likes them, and we have picked up some ex-Lakes EAS operations with it this year too. So, maybe.

AFIS LINK ACK

Id be impressed if the IAD pilots even knew how to conduct a recall, much less recall the guy they just elected to sit through another term. Forget for a moment that a lot of people "like" him because they knew him from school.

Just sayin'

Atlanta pilots have spoken, and it's just a matter of time before our LEC Chairman goes public with the schedule meeting date and agenda.

Atlanta pilots can't change this MEC alone.

And, more importantly, all three MEC Officers are up for reelection here within the next month. With no change in LEC representation, you can damn well bet the ones that want to gain reelection (if even for a FOURTH TWO YEAR TERM) will be re-elected by this casual bunch of MEC Reps.

No money in the industry for raises for regional pilots? Cut are required? I think not- Skywest is giving out raises.

Skywest approves deal for $2 million increase in pay and benefits.

SKW Getting Raises
Latest from Skywest
$2M in Raises

SkyWest Airlines Pilot Association
January 08, 2014
Dear SkyWest Pilots,
Your SAPA representatives have unanimously voted to approve sending this pay package to you for your ratification vote. We hope that you will carefully consider this package and share with us any questions you may have.
The attached pay agreement is amendable in one year and represents a $2 million+ increase per year in pay and other benefits. While not as lucrative as the previous three-year agreement voted on in 2010, it is a shorter term agreement and it represents an important step forward while the rest of the industry is taking concessions.
We all know that the industry has changed significantly since the last package was voted on. It is worth noting that SkyWest pilots continue to be at or near the top of the pay spectrum in the regional industry and this pay agreement continues that trend.
We want to be clear that this pay package was absolutely NOT the first offer presented to SAPA or that we presented to management. The negotiating team actually endorsed an offer earlier that failed to pass among the SAPA representatives as well as rejected numerous versions and offers from the company over the last 6 months. The pay package before you is a raise... pure and simple. In light of the industry realities we are all facing we feel it's a very good offer.
We established a "hard" rate for the E175 that is comparable with our CRJ900 compensation and is at or near the top of the industry for that aircraft. We achieved small increases in MDG, per diem, and uniform allotment. We achieved raises for the E120 pilots in exchange for more restrictive training freezes. We were not successful in eliminating the BHO type model for the CRJ fleet, but we were able to update it to make it easier for pilots to understand and track pay. We secured a new $70 partial reimbursement benefit for pilot medicals and a couple of extra golden days. Finally, we were able maintain our current holiday pay, deadhead pay, cancelation pay, and our current (20 yr CA/ 8 yr FO) longevity scales in spite of significant industry pressure the Company is under to remain competitive.
The summary below outlines the main points of the agreement. The actual proposed policy language will be available soon onwww.sapapilot.org. The negotiating committee and other SAPA Reps will be available online, via phone, and in the crew rooms during the days ahead to answer questions. We expect a vote to be complete by the end of the month, so please watch for further communication on voting details.
Thank you,
SAPA Negotiating Committee
SkyWest Airlines Pilot Association

Pay Rates
• CRJ Rates
▫CRJ Base Rate (CBR) = current 2013 CRJ 200 Base Rates
• Applies to CRJ 200 credit and all other "soft" credit for CRJ pilots (user, vacation, premium pay, holiday pay, bereavement, cancelation, deadhead etc.)
▫CRJ 700 Rate (C7R) = CBR x 106% , CRJ 900 Rate (C9R) = CBR X 108%
• These rates apply to credit associated with a flight (higher of historical credit or actual) on CRJ 700/900. ("Soft" time is always paid at CBR)
• EMB 120 Rates
▫CA = EMB120 2013 Rates +1%
▫FO = 1st year remains same at $22.00. 2nd-8th year = $37.15 for all years (equivalent of CRJ FO 2nd year rate.)
• E175 Rates
▫NEW RATES for E175
▫E175 Rate (EJR) equivalent of 106.4% of CRJ Base Rate (CBR)
Work Rules and Other
• Term = One year agreement (The Company and SAPA agree to meet and discuss rates for 2015 and beyond)
• Minimum Daily Guarantee (MDG) increased to 4:00 hours
▫Reserve monthly guarantee increased to 76 hours (19 duty days)
▫Line holder and composite guarantee remains unchanged (75 for Jet fleets, 80 for EMB)
• Per diem = $1.80 (5 cent increase)
• Uniform allotment increased
▫from $75 (current) to $100 every six months
• $400 max bank can be accrued at any time.
• Golden Days increased to 5 per year per pilot
• Training Freezes
▫2 Year transition training freeze for Jet to Jet transition
▫2 Year transition training freeze for EMB120 FOs (does not apply to upgrades)
▫18 month transition training freeze for EMB120 CAs
▫All other training freezes remain at 12 months (current policy)
• Company contribution toward pilot medicals
▫Company will pay $70 toward each required medical.
▫Money will be paid automatically in pilot paycheck following the submission of the required medical.
▫Must be submitted by the 25th of the month in which the medical is due to qualify.

2014 Skywest Pay Package

Attachments

• 2014 Pay Package Final (07Jan2014).pdf
    785 KB · Views: 2,035
Seems like union busting- and the non-union segment pay raises are likely coming from pay cuts at the unionized segments.

That ain't nothing but wrong. And it's union busting 101.

Now I can't WAIT for the XJT pilots to vote down that concessionary contract.

This is straight up taking money out of XJT pilots to line those of SkyWest pilots.

The good:

-Great Bro rates for the FO's.
-Hard pay for the 175's
-Increase in per diem from $1.75 to $1.80
-Uniform allotment goes to $200 per year
-Up to $70 reimbursement for pilot medicals
-Reserve guarantee for the jet goes from 75 to 76 hours
-2 more golden day per year, from 3 before (woopie!)
-kept cancellation, and DH pay at 100%, and holiday pay

Could have been better:

-No raises for CRJ pilots. So we'll still be getting our current 2013 rates. I was hoping for a slight cost of living increase. 1%? 0.5%? My grocery bill isn't going down any. Also 1st year pay stays at $22 with the option of the company to raise it to $24. I can see the company raising first year pay to $24 just to entice more pilots, because 22 is about the lowest of the the regionals still. $22 was the concessionary pay that Comair took during bankruptcy back in 2007!
-BHO for the 700/900 still kinda stinks, but I wasn't expected anything to change there.
-Daily guarantee only goes from 3:57 to 4:00. With 117 now in play, I sure have a few more 1 leg days and 30 hour overnights than before.

If I were in a dream world I would probably vote no because of the lack of raises for the CRJ. But I realize, that may be asking for too much right now with consessionary contracts abound. I'm happy for what we got, yet a little on the fence still with how my vote will go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trust me, most of the guys at SkyWest (at least that I've talked to) WANT XJ to vote no on that crap sandwich you guys were given. Honestly, with our 1 year agreement, we're gambling on it. If you guys vote yes, we'll be forced to take huge cuts next year. If you vote no, we'll finally have some other carriers giving us the leverage to come back to the table next year for even more.

I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but I still don't get the non-union hatearade going around. Look at it from the perspective of a guy that's been here for 8+ years (ie not me). Over the last decade, they've seen one unioninzed carrier after another bite the dust, and all of their pilots having to start over again. In the last two years, they've seen other unionized carriers eating each other alive, all with the blessing of ALPA national. In that same time frame, said pilot has maintained the highest pay rates and the best QOL in the regional industry. Now, today, SkyWest was the first regional pilot group in recent memory to come out of negotiations with more than they went in with. XJ, Republic, PSA, Pinnacle (Endeavor), etc have all been given the option of "take cuts or die". Eagle (dang, do I respect you guys) has given the finger to their concessionary deals, but still hasn't come out with an increase. So, why should our 8 year pilot decide to vote in a union? You can say all you want about "we're riding the backs of all the work the unions have done", but from the individual pilot's perspective, we've come out far better than the unions.

Personally, I would hope that, instead of hating on us, you guys would take this to your management and say "if they can do it, why can't we?"

Oh, and @Firebird2XC, to you personally, here's your signature:

REGIONAL PILOTS: Now is the time! The industry has resorted to out-and-out threatening us to squeeze more concessions out of us before they miss the chance. Now we stand up for what's ours! NO CONCESSIONS, NO WAVERING, NO PILOTS GIVE IN TO CORPORATE BULLIES.

We didn't take any concessions, we did not waver, and we have not give in to corporate bullies. Why the hate?

XJT has 6 more days to say "Look what you gave them, why should we have anything less?". Dear god I hope you do.

Oh, and @Firebird2XC, to you personally, here's your signature:

We didn't take any concessions, we did not waver, and we have not give in to corporate bullies. Why the hate?

XJT has 6 more days to say "Look what you gave them, why should we have anything less?". Dear god I hope you do.

Calm down. My opinions of this situation reflect my thoughts on SkyWest management, not the pilots. SkyWest has kept unionized and non-unionized pilot groups separated for exactly the purpose of union busting. It's important to highlight what's happening so SkyWest pilots can see what they've been gradually co-opted into being a part of. They're being held up as a beacon of what happens when you collaborate with management- but only because there are unionized groups to pressure. SkyWest's cushy pilot treatment is the club its management has been using to beat XJT and ASA pilots.

It's time to get them on the same team- and get them a union.

Unless they're enjoying all this. Why so sensitive? Feel guilty? Did I hit a nerve?

Puzzling indeed, isn't it?

2) They are far more clueless than any of us could have imagined

Are you serious, this is far from a clueless move from management at either company. Either way as a new hire even I can see what the TA is designed to do.

Why do we need more threads on the same topic?

I would hazard to guess it's because of xjt/skyw incredible size and the fact that emotions are running very high for the pilots of a combined 750 airplanes between the two companies, that's just a guess though.

Back