SkyLens Accepting Resumes for '16-'17 Season

Just a heads up for those intending to submit resumes to SkyLens for the 2017-2018 season. The first class starts Oct 2nd. I won't be reviewing resumes until last week of July. Significant shift for this season, the Aztec fleet is expanding. While a multi rating is not technically required, the lack of a multi will definitely put you into a lower hiring tier even if we are starting you in a 172. If anyone is leaning toward applying but have been putting off your multi, it might do you well to get it knocked out and get as much twin time as you can. A multi with 35+ hours will probably get you into the first level hiring tier. I will be posting a new thread when I am ready to accept resumes.

"Minimum 250 hrs total time. 10 hrs C172."

Any idea if rotor time would ever count towards TT? I'm curious how a pilot would look if they had commercial SEL and MEL with instrument rating, but only 100 hours in Airplanes (with 3500 helicopter time and an ATP-R)?
I don't read anything in our insurance policy that distinguishes between fixed-wing and rotor but on our end we would probably want to look into the details of your 100 hours. i.e. a lot of hours in IMC / mountain flying etc vs all VFR day flat-landing. If you're interested, go ahead and submit a resume around the end of this month.

Hi Skylens,

I am waiting for the new thread. I have 176 hours of multi-time, much of it in an Apache (similar to an Aztec).

Saw the pictures of the new Aztec. Nice CD player. Thanks for the info and looking forward to the end of the month

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

When does the season start
Two classes of 8 pilots each. One starts Monday Oct 2nd and that group deploys to the first projects on the 15th. Second class of 8 starts Monday Oct 17th and deploys on the 28th. Both contracts go through May 31 2018 so the first class gets two weeks longer of a contract.

Another thing - We do not require an "interview contract". This is where you sign a contract after a phone interview and then are bound attend an in-person interview AND are bound to take the job if offered even though it's not guaranteed. If you sign such an agreement, make sure that is the company where you really want to work. You will be off the market until the decision is made which could put you out of the hiring window for any other opportunities. Just sayin'.

I will probably not finish my commercial ratings in time for this years season (working on Comm Multi and then Comm single, should be done by mid September). But I have a question for anyone that might know:
I'm very interested in this position, and I'm trying to get a better idea of what would be most practical in terms of a living situation. I live in Florida, and am willing to move to Louisiana for the job. But with so little time off, would it be worth it to rent an apartment or a room in LA? Or would the few days off be more cost effectively spent at a cheap hotel, or even travelling back home to FL for a couple of days?

Thanks for any input!

You
I will probably not finish my commercial ratings in time for this years season (working on Comm Multi and then Comm single, should be done by mid September). But I have a question for anyone that might know:
I'm very interested in this position, and I'm trying to get a better idea of what would be most practical in terms of a living situation. I live in Florida, and am willing to move to Louisiana for the job. But with so little time off, would it be worth it to rent an apartment or a room in LA? Or would the few days off be more cost effectively spent at a cheap hotel, or even travelling back home to FL for a couple of days?

Thanks for any input!

September is still early. You don't have to move. You go to LA for training, get the aircraft and hit the road with that plane during the entire season. Also I think Skylens has a Flight school for CMEL. Something you should look at.

Back