SkyLens Accepting Resumes for '16-'17 Season

pilotbry

Again this year I'm getting a ton of resumes before I was really ready to start that process (22 basically qualified resumes in the last week) but I can't fault someone for being eager or early. So, I'll start officially accepting resumes at this time, however it will likely be several weeks before I really start processing them.

I do not take phone calls for job inquiries.
Here's the link to our employment page: http://www.skylensaerial.com/pilot-employment.html
Follow the directions exactly to submit your resume or yours could be lost in the black hole of my many email boxes. Qualified applicants will receive an email back from me with a pilot info sheet/ application to fill out and return.

Job basics:
Reqs: 21 years of age or over. Minimum 250 hrs total time. 10 hrs C172.
Legal to work in US. FAA issued Commercial pilot certificate

7 month minimum contract - No hard time off but plenty of short days and down days for wx and mx
Post probation pay: $60 salary plus $30 per diem every calendar day + escalating monthly production bonus
Top C172 pilot bonus this past season was $1,135 mo. The more you fly, the more you make.
Aztec pilots make double production bonuses.
Company paid single occupancy hotel rooms and rental cars
Company pays 50% health insurance premiums *
$1000 Season completion bonus
Paid as W2 Employee - not 1099 contractor
Possibilities exist for extending season out to 9,10,11 months per year

* We are working on providing health insurance benefits for all employees. This is still being negotiated but I'm hoping it will be in place by November 1.

Tentatively, we are planning two classes again this season starting Oct 3rd and Oct 17.

Please ask your questions here in this thread and not with a PM to me. I'm sometimes days between logging on to JC and some of my current and former pilots can likely answer your questions before I do.

Good luck, all!

Bryan Porter
Flight Ops Mgr
SkyLens LLC

Will you still be accepting resumes for this season mid-September? I won't have my Commercial certificate until next month. So excited for this opportunity!

Are pilots based at an airport or assigned to cover a specific geographic area or are they constantly moving around?

Pictometry gives assignments to the vendors and vendors assign pilots to projects. Projects can be small as in one day or long. I was in Allentown for 6 weeks. The areas I went to were scattered from Phoenix to Halifax. You are on travel for 7-8 months.

Will you still be accepting resumes for this season mid-September? I won't have my Commercial certificate until next month. So excited for this opportunity!
I'll likely have the roster set by then however every year someone gets cold feet or washes out of training. Go ahead and submit your resume when you get your Commercial cert. It won't hurt to try.

OK y'all, I'm in full swing going through resumes. Go ahead and send 'em if you got 'em. Don't forget to follow the exact submission directions. If your resume looks qualified I'll send you an application/info sheet in Excel. Fill that out and email it back ASAP. I hope to have a preliminary roster together by Sept 1. Class dates are Oct 3 and Oct 17.

Good luck, everybody.

http://www.skylensaerial.com/pilot-employment.html

Brian's one of the good ones' guys. If you're single, need to build time, THIS is how to do it. As stated above, this type of survey work is long term on the road stuff, be prepared for that.

What sort of hours and pay could you get with a reasonable degree of motivation ie without working ridiculously long hours. I assume there is a good element of luck with weather and jobs you are assigned to make $1000+ bonus in one month

What sort of hours and pay could you get with a reasonable degree of motivation ie without working ridiculously long hours. I assume there is a good element of luck with weather and jobs you are assigned to make $1000+ bonus in one month
About $2700 per month guarantee between daily pay and per diem. Bonus is on top of that, not vs that. Yeah, a $1000 bonus is a 160 hour month which is probably only going to happen in the Spring months. Bonuses are dependent on some luck with weather, maintenance, and project holds. I had a guy do close to $1000 in May then ended up in Seattle area and did $100 but it tends to come out in the wash. Our philosophy of extreme preventative maintenance works well as our 172s tend not to break down unexpectedly in the field. The Aztecs are more complex with many ADs so have a few more mx down days - but also Aztec pilots make double the bonuses. The 2015 season average monthly bonus for 172 pilots was just under $500. Bottom line, if you are motivated you'll do well.

Heh, I was one of those early applications. Unfortunately I couldn't start until December and that's a no-go :(. Maybe next year! This sounds like a great opportunity.

Heh, I was one of those early applications. Unfortunately I couldn't start until December and that's a no-go :(. Maybe next year! This sounds like a great opportunity.
Keep your chin up and apply to all the vendors. They all have folks drop out on them. I know it seems crazy to tell an employer that you will stay to May but then drop out as soon as something better comes along...

Back