Skiles and Age 65+

I dunno dude... I'm fairly certain his ummm... "internet abbreviation" is telling us to go • ourselves after doing a bunch of other stuff.

Also... he's doing a bang up job of showing why (assuming he's currently got a medical) mental competency checking certainly isn't a thing in the US.
I can never understand what he says, so I think you're right.

Definitely lacking something upstairs.

I dunno dude... I'm fairly certain his ummm... "internet abbreviation" is telling us to go • ourselves after doing a bunch of other stuff.

Also... he's doing a bang up job of showing why (assuming he's currently got a medical) mental competency checking certainly isn't a thing in the US.
Nice Trump action there. Why don't you answer the question I asked instead of projecting and distracting?

All I'm looking for here is a wee tad bit of intellectual honesty.

I can never understand what he says, so I think you're right.
That's either 'cause you don't know history or you don't know how to read... or both. So, you know, like YOU said, carry on "being stupid".

(Full disclosure, I truly do not think you ARE stupid. I think you are just obstinate, myopic, and overly self-referential.)

I'm not saying that things should always stay the same just because.

I'm saying that in a unionized environment, you shouldn't do something (or support doing something) that disadvantages a large part of your group.
That was not my point. Your argument is too general and carries a lot of assumptions that are not true.

My point is that saying “you know what you signed up for” is an argument that carries no water because it implies that nothing ever changes.

Just stick to the cognitive decline facts and I am with you.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that things should always stay the same just because.

I'm saying that in a unionized environment, you shouldn't do something (or support doing something) that disadvantages a large part of your group.
If it is objectively the correct thing to do, then yes. YES, you should do that. Eff your "seniority" of having flown the same hour 12000 times!
Tribal affinity sometimes, but rarely has much to do with objective truth. THAT is the primary problem with tribal affinity.
Check out Halal vs. Kosher. They are the SAME thing. The only difference has to do with who gets the water in a dry, desert region. It has been thus for thousands of years. (Why do you think those codes of conduct EXIST?!?)

Last edited:
Nice Trump action there. Why don't you answer the question I asked instead of projecting and distracting?

All I'm looking for here is a wee tad bit of intellectual honesty.

Which, the part where I accused you of being crazy, or the part where I said you told us to go • ourselves?

Can you ask the question again not using analogy, alliteration, or metaphor, because as of right now I have no idea what it was.

Which, the part where I accused you of being crazy, or the part where I said you told us to go • ourselves?

Can you ask the question again not using analogy, alliteration, or metaphor, because as of right now I have no idea what it was.
Apply your mind more assiduously. Or, just do some research.

Metaphors are what distinguish us from AI... kind of. There are also all the soft human traits - like emotions, and love, and "feelings"- that, suddenly, with the advent of AI have become more primary in distinguishing "what it means to be 'human'". Which, of course, as I'm sure you're aware, represents a complete reversal in how humans formerly distinguished their "uniqueness" relative to the "lower beasts" ... for many millennia.

Still, it would be really cool if we could get back on point and discuss why a pilot who is completely qualified to fly an airplane is arbitrarily cut off from doing so because some bureaucrat made up a number and a bunch of newbies want to make more money and advance -not due to skill- in their "profession".

Last edited:
Back