Silly RJ...

rausda27

We were coming back from CA yesterday and an RJ pilot asked ATC what kind of airplane was flying 20,000 feet above them...

ATC responded..its a lear!
:D

We were coming back from CA yesterday and an RJ pilot asked ATC what kind of airplane was flying 20,000 feet above them...

What altitude were you at?

Highest I had the LJ45 was FL490, we were just a bit heavy for the elusive FL510.

Wait a second....you used to be one of those silly RJ pilots not too long ago!!!!

More than once over the last three years i've looked down from the Lear in the mid-40s at some airliner dodging and weaving around buildups as we cruise along smoothly above and appreciated the ability to go higher. Of all of the airliners I flew, maximum altitude was FL370. That extra 14,000 feet can make a difference sometimes.

Now if we could just keep the temperature at ISA we might have a shot at getting up there when we're heavy!

Now if we could just keep the temperature at ISA we might have a shot at getting up there when we're heavy!

Speaking of ISA, dang temp was in the range of +10 or higher today in the 30s. Yep, we were 'that' heavy RJ doing 500fpm and leveling in the 20s to build momentum ;) :p

If it makes you feel better, when it's ISA+10 or better, we're not doing much better than 1,000 fpm when we get to FL400...and if we want to get higher we're generally struggling at 500 fpm. And that's if we're light!

Those temperatures just are no friend to anybody.

We have a 40XR (2006 model with 400TT - its for sale if anyone is interested!)

I've only ridden on it once - what a great airplane. I got to sit in the right seat in cruise which was fun, bit more technical thatn the Baron - Ha ha!

I was supposed to go to school on the thing and get typed, but the downturn in the economy means "bye bye" to that as we're selling the airplane. :(

Oh well - one day........maybe......:confused:

BP244

Yeah, i'm on the 31. Baronpilot, PM me the info on that 40XR along with contact info please.

If baronpilot flies for who I think he flies for, then the 40XR he is talking about is the one in my Avatar..

Is he doesnt work out of FTY then disregard.....

If it makes you feel better, when it's ISA+10 or better, we're not doing much better than 1,000 fpm when we get to FL400...and if we want to get higher we're generally struggling at 500 fpm. And that's if we're light!

Those temperatures just are no friend to anybody.

A little I guess :)

The 700 performs much better though, it is more a 'real' airplane ;)

Mine really IS a light twin. Sad part is, it's 2500 lbs heavier (at max gross) than the Jetstream was!

And I remember looking at the J31 for the first time in 1996 and thinking to myself, "Holy crap... this thing is HUGE!"

Today in my RJ I asked the controller what the type airplane was cruising by rapidly 4,000 feet below. His reply, F-16! Suckas. Er, sucka.

Back