show pictures of your wings

That looks just like a normal cargo aircraft.
grin.gif

Zach,
nope, no GPS's in any 172's, but we got a 182 a few months ago that has like the very first GPS ever in it, not even a moving map
frown.gif

92659.jpg

92659_inside.jpg

This is the plane I fly most of the time!! She may not be much, but I'd be willing to trade trim, one prop blade and an alternator to keep that 430!!!
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This is the plane I fly most of the time!! She may not be much, but I'd be willing to trade trim, one prop blade and an alternator to keep that 430!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The 430's are great. I cannot say enough about them. Try having two of them, with TIS in some of our planes. We really are spoiled, but I guess we pay for it so we deserve it.

I actually flew a newer 172SP that had the King 94 GPS with moving map stacked above that with autopilot. I could get used to that too.

[ QUOTE ]
The 430's are great. I cannot say enough about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although alot of people would say "spoiled", I think it's really an item that has the potential to increase safety. I know CFI's that will cover the things up during instrument training....that's just insane! I don't mean for an approach here or there - I mean for all of the training! They say it's a crutch, or some crap...

I really believe that the old guys that are retired now were saying the same crap about VORs when they were replacing the NDBs - AND they're flight instructors were saying the same about NDBs when they were replacing the old four-range system!

[ QUOTE ]
I know CFI's that will cover the things up during instrument training....that's just insane!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I make people learn to use them, and then cover them up!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know CFI's that will cover the things up during instrument training....that's just insane!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I make people learn to use them, and then cover them up!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that makes more sense!!

When I was doing my CFI-I, my instructor kept trying to keep me from using the GPS, so he'd cover it and say, +"OK, you lost your GPS, what are you gonna do?"

"Well, we gotta go missed because there's NO ADF in this plane, baby (if ADF or DME is required...
grin.gif
!!!!"

He finally got it after 3 or 4 times, but it drove him crazy!!!

Yeah. The plane I fly has no ADF (by choice dammit!), so I'm making my CFII teach me the GPS stuff. I'm actually having a harder time remembering how and which menus to scroll through than using the standard ILS/VOR instruments. The Diamond the school just got has a 430 in it, and I'm a little better with that than the Bendix/King. Thanks MSFS2004!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If I could figure out how to put in pictures, I would put some in
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to ImageStation and set up an account, then you can upload images from your computer. Once you have images stored there, you right-click on the picture, select 'properties' and copy the URL. When you're making a post, look below the white box where you type words and click on 'image', and paste the URL into the box.

This was the warrier I took my PPL ride in:
f9eb0097.jpg

This was my favorite 'wings' at Eagle, damn I miss the ATR:
f9bb845e.jpg

Here's my husband's wings:
495549.jpg

I've been to SJU a few times, but I was never based there. I don't speak Spanish, so I wouldn't have been able to anyway. (Spainish speaking was a requirement for all Exec F/As) I taught at the schoolhouse for a few years, new-hires & recurrent. Maybe you saw me there?

This was my new-hire class (class 95-30 Nov 29, 1995), we had one or two Exec girls with us:
f9d397dc.jpg

Recognize anybody?

I like your new sig, by the way, I think we have a very similar sense of humor. (Monty Python & Hitchhiker's Guide) You're only the second American I've ever met who even knows what Hitchhiker's Guide is let alone be able to quote it!

Add another ditto for the 430. One of the 172s I flew for my PPASEL had one, and the Arrow I'm doing my commercial training in has one. I like them much better than the KLN94s in the SPs. JMHO, more user friendly. Of course, my CFI works for Garmin, so.....
wink.gif

It's cool be able to just file direct!
laugh.gif

Sarah

Back