Shoud I trust my Flight Instructor?

Cool story bro. Done that too.

When I did the 121 thing a bit later it was pretty cool too. ;)

Oh, if this is now a competition, allow me to enter late. My checkride at FLX was also my BFR/IPC. I hadn't touched an airplane in ~2 years, and I'd certainly never flown anything as large, intimidating, and complex as a Cessna 210 CENTURION! They gave me three days to get my white ass to Jackson, MS and then it was "good luck, if you have any questions, call us!"

If it'd been 37 year old me, I'd have told them all the deviant things they could do with themselves. *sniff*. Miss those days.

Hi guys, I am still here! I read the forum all the time, and I hope y'all had a great holiday. Just wanted to say I flew home...and back!!! I did take advantage of the prescription of Xanax my doctor gave me. I may have fallen asleep at a table in the Atlanta airport...whoops. Haha. I was still really nervous, but I am glad I did it, and I did it all by myself, which was a nice accomplishment for me. I am still taking flying lessons, too!

Thank you guys for all of your encouragement. It has really helped. :)

Congrats on the successful trip! Forgive me if it's already been mentioned, but you may want to consider discussing Xanax with @My Flight Surgeon. The FAA is particular about what medications pilots take, and Dr. Forred is a trusted resource. In fact, I personally know of one pilot who literally travels hundreds of miles for his services.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am still here! I read the forum all the time, and I hope y'all had a great holiday. Just wanted to say I flew home...and back!!! I did take advantage of the prescription of Xanax my doctor gave me. I may have fallen asleep at a table in the Atlanta airport...whoops. Haha. I was still really nervous, but I am glad I did it, and I did it all by myself, which was a nice accomplishment for me. I am still taking flying lessons, too!

Thank you guys for all of your encouragement. It has really helped. :)

Should have said you were going to be at ATL. I work out there in the ramp tower.

But...what does the fox eat?
He ran till he came to the farmers pen
The ducks and the geese were kept therein
He said a couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o, town-o, town-o
A couple of you are gonna grease my chin
Before I leave this town-o

BTW, I don't know who Nickel Creek is and I can't listen to that video, but I did want to point out that 'Fox on the town' is both very old and traditional. Not that anyone doesn't know that, but a pet peeve of mine is people getting credit for 'creating' traditional music... most often seen when I play/sing a traditional song and someone goes "Oh! That's originally by PopuBand, right?")

Eef!

-Fox

Back