Shoud I trust my Flight Instructor?

It's a wierd feeling right after you get your license and everyone calls you a pilot. I always felt like , ok I can take off and get it back on the ground in one piece but it took me a while to feel like almost a real pilot. But that's just me.

Not to cheese it up but I still feel like i'm getting away with something when they "let me" take out a jet and fly a trip. First time I was a captain I remember looking behind me as I walked through the door to see if anyone was going to stop me.

Haaaa! Still cracking jokes, I see!

I am currently out of town in sunny Florida (still cold though!), so I don't get to fly this weekend. My next lesson in next Saturday and I think we are going to fly the 150 to College Station. I decided I am going to get my license. If I could do that, it'd be the biggest accomplishment of my life. My dad would be so proud of me if I could take him flying one day. So, yeah. Looks like I am here on JC for good. ;)

Hope you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Excellent!

Not to cheese it up but I still feel like i'm getting away with something when they "let me" take out a jet and fly a trip. First time I was a captain I remember looking behind me as I walked through the door to see if anyone was going to stop me.
First leg of IOE on the jet at Eagle, closing the flight deck door.

"Uhm...okay, so this is actually a thing. Alright."

Hehehe. During CA OE, after sitting at the gate doing nothing for about 5 minutes, with the agent and FA just standing behind the cockpit.

Me: "What the hell is going on? We're gonna be late. What are we waiting for?"

FA: "We're waiting for you to tell us to close."

Me: "Hmmm. . . "

LMFAO

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1.

Once you do your first solo, you're officially a pilot IMO.

I say you ain't a real pilot until you've developed some stupid overconfidence and then subsequently scared the crap out of yourself. On that day, when you walk wobbly-legged out of the airplane, then you're a real pilot.

PETE-SMOKE.gif

I say you ain't a real pilot until you've developed some stupid overconfidence and then subsequently scared the crap out of yourself. On that day, when you walk wobbly-legged out of the airplane, then you're a real pilot.

PETE-SMOKE.gif

Good point. Ive been there. Had to request to sit in the middle of an active runway once until my legs were done shaking enough for me to taxi the airplane off the runway.

That sucks, I'm still married and I've only thought about owning a boat. I'll turn in my cert post haste.

DO NOT GET A BOAT! Trust me. Unless you have deep pockets or pick up a brand new one with a warranty. stay away. A first, second or third wife will cost less.

DO NOT GET A BOAT! Trust me. Unless you have deep pockets or pick up a brand new one with a warranty. stay away. A first, second or third wife will cost less.

Twas a joke, hole in the water and all that. I'm more of an idiot than a boat owner since I'm looking around to find a nice RV-4, and I don't have a tailwheel endorsement. But I am an experienced mechanic, which could offset some of the cost. (if i whisper this enough when my wife is sleeping it might work)

135 pilots. *roll*

AFIS LINK ACK
My training before my first pax flight was 4 hours in type, a checkride and a good luck. That was single pilot. When I closed the door, looked back at people instead of brown, it was like oh huh well this is different.

PETE-SMOKE.gif
The GIFs on this thread are A+.

My training before my first pax flight was 4 hours in type, a checkride and a good luck. That was single pilot. When I closed the door, looked back at people instead of brown, it was like oh huh well this is different.

Cool story bro. Done that too.

When I did the 121 thing a bit later it was pretty cool too. ;)

Hehehe. During CA OE, after sitting at the gate doing nothing for about 5 minutes, with the agent and FA just standing behind the cockpit.

Me: "What the hell is going on? We're gonna be late. What are we waiting for?"

FA: "We're waiting for you to tell us to close."

Me: "Hmmm. . . "

LMFAO

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1.
"Err, uh, very well! When I'm ready!...which is now."

Back