Shelter Part II.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I was starting to consider living at the dorms for a while, but I need Mrs.Heat by my side, beside's she's a great cook.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like Mrs. Heat just got volunteered to host a Jet Careers dinner down in Vero!!! What do you say Chunk, you in?

Just kidding.....Thanks for the updates.

As soon as my stuff gets here Monday, I'm gonna have a BBQ for some of my fellow students-in-arms. Y'all are more than welcome. (Notice attempt to fit in here in the south: Y'all)

Chunk

I just found a 2 bedroom apt for $565 a month, and it is 2 miles from the school. Very clean, really nice. If you are looking for a place to live, keep searching the newspaper. I know it is a pain, but it payed off. I am moving from the bunglow to the apt on Tuesday.

To JC Careers regulars, New and Old.

Guy's, Mrs.Heat said it's no problem, just bring the soda's, drinks and be ready to eat. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif But first we should all hook up and have a good old fashioned barbeque. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

"I just found a 2 bedroom apt for $565 a month, and it is 2 miles from the school."

Kdrake, this sounds pretty good considering, what's the name of the complex.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Heat2151, It is above a medical office . . there are 14 units, and they usually only rent to Piper or to an Hospital employee, or Doctor. I just happened to find it in the paper. I have been to every apartment complex in this area, and could not find anything that was acceptable, or that I could afford, so I started checking the newspaper every day. This one is on the same street the Hospital is on . . 37th, just across US1. By the way, I was using the service from TCPalm(the local newspaper internet site) to email me apartments that were advertised in the paper, and this one did not show up. Now, I think I would have been better off just reading the newspaper. Good Luck!

HEy guys,
I live at Florida Aprtment club off Indian River Boulevard. WE have a 2 BR (my wife and I). The complex is nice, the gym and pool area are well maintained and there are outdoor tennis courts, basketball court and indoor raquetteball court that is airconditioned. There are alot of FSI students and instructors that live here. Its close, only takes 5 minutes to get to school, so check it out. It is a little more expensive than the other places in town, but I think it is worth it. Good luck!

"As soon as my stuff gets here Monday, I'm gonna have a BBQ for some of my fellow students-in-arms. Y'all are more than welcome. (Notice attempt to fit in here in the south: Y'all)"

Chunk, where you going to do this at? You're in week two now right? Doesn't this week end at 5pm for ya? I may be there. Then again, I may not be there.

rausda27,

Could you, please post the name and phone number of the apartment complex. I'd like to give the management a call to check for availability, once again, I appreciate your feedback.

And as for the JC FSI Regulars, Mrs.Heat will go with an italian meal for the dinner. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Hey Guy's,

You can bring any one that makes you happy. Mrs.Heat just ask's one thing, Come hungry and leave happy and full. She will also throw in a little sea food dish depending on the quality, but it will all italian. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

We got the food, you guy's have the drinks and all we need now is some serious tunes. You have to know how to live, like Mrs.Heat always say's "if you going to study hard, you might as well live the same way and enjoy while you can."

Best Regards,
Heat2151

ATA,

Yeah, I'm in week two. My stuff is supposed to come today. I didn't mean the moment it came, maybe in a week or two! /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

Chunk

Hey Chunk,

Did the building management finally take care of that problem in your apartment.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

The blinds got fixed, the window guy came but gave up on fixing them..."They're beyond repair"....but now my bedroom door is falling off because the screws for the hinges stripped out of the frame. Also, the hot water valves for the washer hookup leaks. It's getting there...slooooooowly. If the landlord can get it all fixed in the next few weeks, I may end up retracting my warning about the Pines. I've come to realize it's because there is only one maintenance guy for a whole lotta units.

Chunk

Chunk,

At this rate, it looks like the apartment will be fixed by the time your done with your CIME and the rest of your training. Man, sounds like progress, customer service at it finest..welcome to the pines. Considering the circumstances, are you and Mrs.Chunk going to ride it out at the pines or look for something else.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Considering I'm on a 12-month lease, not anytime soon. Plus, I'm tired of moving. On this last move, they lost half of my sectional couch....

Grrrr....

Chunk

Chunk,

It's too bad, you guy's cant back out of this lease, 12 month's in this place /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif. I Hope, that it works out for you and your family.

So far, we just got a note from Canterbury Place with a few 2BD options that will be available starting by late August early September, and it's starting to look like this is going to be my home during my training.

The jury's still out on the Indian River apartments, they seem to have most bang for the buck, but the availability
is cutting it too close and I want to settled in before my start date.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

I have a two bedroom apartment that is in a medical complex(very quiet, especially after 5pm) and is 3 miles from the school. There are two more apartments that will be available within the next 2 weeks. If anyone is interested, I can show you mine to see what you think. I will see everyone tomorrow at 8am!

KD,

Could you please post the name and phone number to this apartment complex.?

It's a good thing, that we dont have any pets, most places said that their is a pet state tax.? is this true?, anything over 10lb falls into this rule.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

I don't know about state pet taxes, but at my apartment in Hoboken we had to leave a "dog deposit" which was equal to the security deposit for our place! Tell me, can a 30 lb dog really inflict $1500 worth of damage in 12 months? I don't think so

Back