Shelter Part II.

Heat . . Call "Steve", at 772-794-3516. There is not a "name" of the complex. He is a Property Manager for this medical complex, and several other commercial and residential properties. I have looked everywhere, and this is a step above everything I have seen under the $700/month range. Tell him you got his name and number from "Keith". Good Luck. If you are coming to Vero soon, email me and you can drop by and see my apartment and get an idea of what to expect.

Anyone ever consider buying?

By the looks of the house prices in Vero it's just about as expensive if not cheaper to buy.

I email a realtor out there and he mentioned that the house prices have been going up the past few years and are likely to continue rising.

KD,

Once again, thanks for looking out. I will call him, first thing in the morning. Mrs.Heat and I will be heading down to VB, the second week of August to get the apartment settled. I'll send you a PM so we can hook up.

O.K so far there's a pet tax, slight over charge for gas & water and getting car insurance should be a bargain ( at least for a New Yorker like myself it is /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif ).

but what, local phone companies are available, and which ones are the cheapest.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Heat . . Water and sewer is included in the rent here. All you pay for is electricity and phone. The electricity at this locationis supplied by the City of Vero Beach. The Phones are BellSouth. And btw, no pets! Good Luck!

KD,

I just left a message in his machine, forgot it's saturday. /ubbthreads/images/icons/crazy.gif But how far is the apartment
from the school.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

KD,

Sorry man, time wise how far ( I'm a New Yorker, We only understand Time not distance. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif ).

Thanks,
Heat2151

2.4 miles in the city will take about an hour!!! (NYC that is). In verfo it will take about 5 minutes. Atlease from what I saw when I went down there.

Hey Heat...

There's a little apartment by my church, right off of 60. If the sign is still out when I'm there on Wednesday, I'll get the phone number for you. It's about 5 minutes from FS, right near the corner of 20th and 60.

It looks small enough to be a 1 bedroom, but it could be a two.

Heat,
Sorry it took me so long to reply, I took a LOA after passing my Multi Checkride. Anyway, the phone number for FLorida Apartment club is (561) 778-4161.
D

KD,

Once again, Appreciate the good word. 5 minutes, that close, man that's perfect, I could throw a rock and hit the gate. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

For you family types, Mrs.Heat wants to know, do you normally do you food shopping in town where it's more expensive.? or out of town, and dose it even make a difference.?

Heat2151

KD,

I spoke with Steve this morning, and I'm scheduled to drop by and check the apartments the 2nd week of august.

But as terms of size, how big would you estimate to apartment be.? I know it's hard, but If you had to guess, is it bigger or smaller than 1000 sq ft.? it's a crazy question, but when you have a family, space is a premium.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Chunk,

If they haven't fixed your door yet here is a easy fix.
Take the screws out of the hinges, hammer golf tee's into the holes and then break off whatever stickes out. Then all you have to do is put the door back up and put the screws back in the hinges and screw right into the golf tee's. Works like a champ!

Who are you, frickin' Bob Vila?

Just kidding, I watched Goldmember last night, so I'm feeling a bit Dr. Evil-ish.

Good idea! I was going to fill the holes with wood putty and drill new ones, but it's a matter of principle now....The Pines shall fix my door!

Chunk

I'm more like Tim the Toolman Taylor. I guess though after 20 yrs of watching this old house, I may have picked up a few things. Wood putty doesnt work very well, go with the golf tee's, they are cheaper.
Thanks for the reco on the headset in the other post. I'am stuck between the DC's and the Lightspeeds.

Hey Toolman,

Been out a few days, I think the mx at the pines will finally hook up chunk by the time he's flying United or Delta. /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif maybe they should give him two free months as restitution for pain and suffering.

P.S I will be in VB next week to finalize my shelter situation, and it's seriously starting to look like Mrs.Heat and I, will end up living at Cantebury Place.

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Anybody got a link to the Canterbury apt web site(if they have one)? I'd like to look at some pictures of the accomodations, but the links I keep finding are just ratings and no pictures.

This thread won't die

Back