Shelter Part II.

Visceral,

Cantebury Place Apartments.
1505 40th Avenue
Vero Beach, Fl 32960
Ask for Sherri Watts, (561) 778-5134.
This lady is really nice, and went out of her way to answer every question I thew at her. She sent me the info package regarding the apartment layouts, a basic 770 sq ft apt. 2bd runs for $590 per month, a 400 deposit and term lease is 12 months. It's decent, comfortable and most important, it's close to the school. I figure that, those early morning flights can really hurt if you live too far from the school, since I'm not much of a morning person before my cup of coffee /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif the distance from the school is key.

I will be in VB, next week to get everything finalized, I'll drop in by the academy to take care of some last minute things, I hope to run into some of the regulars. /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Thanks Heat,
I'm gonna be house and/or apt comparing very soon...depends on availability of them all I guess.

Are there many rooms for rent in apartments in VRB? As in someone has a lease and wants a roommate to share an apartment? This is what I am looking for, as I am alone, and want to keeo the costs down.

My wife and I just signed a lease at the Fairways. Does anyone in the area know of any pro's or con's of the complex? Thanks!
Tom

I have lived at the Fairways since Feb. It is the nicest complex in Vero. Most expensive too. The management seems to be on top of things. A little too much if you ask me. I was kicked out of the Pool area for having a can of Beer. I am 24 yrs old so I didn't understand the logic. I got back to my apartment and sure enough, there was a clause in the lease that said no alcohol at the pool. Anyways I'd rate the place about an 8. Not enough young folks around. Then again this is Vero beach.

d_gelling,
We just signed a lease thats $899 a month for a 2 BD/2 BTH. We were fairly impressed with it. Regarding the Golf, we're right there on the Grand Harbor Golf course and you can purchase a social membership for about $2500 (It was in that range, but don't quote me) which entitles you to 6 rounds of golf for the year. Seems like it would be better to look somewhere else for golf.
Here's the web site if you want to see some prices.
http://fairways-grandharbor.com/
Tom

Is the office at the Canterbury a one person shop? I've been calling at varying hours throughout the week trying to speak with somebody, but all I get is the answering machine. That would be ok if they'd return my call. All I'm trying to do is check availability for next month. Anybody living there now know of a second number to call maybe?

If they can't return a phone call to a prospective renter, what would they do about a simple maintenance problem?

Yeah, it's pretty much just Sherry...There is a maintenance guy around but he wouldn't be answering the phones. Usually if she's away one of the residents of Cantebury will sub in for her.

Back