Shake up at AE starts.

Guess we'll see.

Didn't know we had a lot of FOs on the west coast. A handful come to mind, but not too many I know looking to be based in DFW with some of our most salty and disgruntled 15+ folks.

Much rather it go senior in both seats, obviously.

Will be interesting to see. I've had enough of the 200 and will bid ATL 700/900.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

So American Eagle will just be a brand like Delta Connection and United Express? That sucks! It's reverting back to the way it originally was, when it was divided up between Simmons, Flagship, and Wings West.

American mainline is no longer supporting a lot of their routes, and american eagle will pick up the slack. Eagle right now cant fly their own routes because they're understaffed, hence the routes to skywest and xjet. Ground crews will be decreased by quite a bit. Local drivers for bags will be working for Eagle, etc...

Eagle right now cant fly their own routes because they're understaffed, hence the routes to skywest and xjet.

Not really. Pretty overstaffed at the moment. Closing LAX and SJU, parking MIA ATRs, and losing DFW stuff will only result in more over-staffing if maintaining status-quo. Lots of lines are being built with 72-74 hours. Lots of 16-18hr four day trips. Lots of 2-3 hour sits in hubs or outstations. Some built in DH's. OT blocked. This way the company can hide pilots within the system. NYC bases are full of guys sitting reserve and not flying.

We could be a lot more productive with a lot less people. The company chooses not to.

You are correct. We could pick up the slack flying but it is a lack of airframes not staff, to solve that.

American mainline is no longer supporting a lot of their routes, and american eagle will pick up the slack. Eagle right now cant fly their own routes because they're understaffed, hence the routes to skywest and xjet. Ground crews will be decreased by quite a bit. Local drivers for bags will be working for Eagle, etc...

Understaffed?????...Kenny really? Skywest and XJet (same company I guess) got the routes b/c Judge Lane threw out the contract allowing for more "outsourced" regional flying...

...and like stated above...72-75 hour lines suck...and I bet reserves are getting 20-50 hrs flying a month, not exactly understaffed...

American mainline is no longer supporting a lot of their routes, and american eagle will pick up the slack. Eagle right now cant fly their own routes because they're understaffed, hence the routes to skywest and xjet.

If by understaffed you mean 72 hour lines and tons of guys sitting at home not flying then yea we are understaffed. It seems your info about Eagle is about as good as your info on Bro's at ORD.

So we're hiring why then?

Bait and switch. It gives people some good news to hold on to so they don't tank the morale too much. Likely won't do too much good since pilots aren't complete morons like a lot of management types seem to think. We an add, subtract and read schedules. They likely did this to keep too many guys from punching out. If there's a light to focus on at the end of the tunnel, some guys won't notice it's a train.

We're probably going to see the same thing over here. "Sure, we're tossing out the contract, you're taking pay cuts, paying more for insurance and losing the min day. BUUUUUTTTT, NYC is growing, and we're adding a ZOMG -900 base there!1!! Also, we're recalling our handful of furloughs and expect to hire any day now!!!! Some of you might even be able to re-upgrade.....at first year pay, though."

*looks at mess*

How deliciously ironic.

So American Eagle will just be a brand like Delta Connection and United Express? That sucks! It's reverting back to the way it originally was, when it was divided up between Simmons, Flagship, and Wings West.
"All of this has happened before.
All of this will happen again."

Back