Shake up at AE starts.

I don't understand the hiring and recall. Initial rumors indicate hiring of 700 pilots. Even if our entire LAX base decided to quit, that's ~150 pilots. Something else is going on behind the scenes...

Where In the world did you hear 700 pilots?

Are you going to take the recall?

I think AE should give us some more information with our recall letter such as the future fleet plan and explain why they are recalling after giving up some flying. AMR is still in bankruptcy. It would be hard to leave where I'm at now since I already have over 120 people under me on the mass seniority list at RAH and I'm holding a line but that Miami base would be nice.

Seeing how DFW was a former ASA base that closed in '05, I'm sure there will be a few happy ExpressJet guys that still are around there. Who woulda thunk after Delta dumping DFW, that 7 years later DFW would open up again. So I'd probably be happy too.

Also, here are the destinations out of LAX...SAN, ABQ, SMF, MRY, TUS, SLC, FAT, RNO, SJC, SBA, SAF, ELP.

Not really sure why AA would want -200's though...

So confused as to why Eagle will hire. Either they arent telling us something or they dangling that carrot in hopes people wont jump ship.

Seeing how DFW was a former ASA base that closed in '05, I'm sure there will be a few happy ExpressJet guys that still are around there. Who woulda thunk after Delta dumping DFW, that 7 years later DFW would open up again. So I'd probably be happy too.

Also, here are the destinations out of LAX...SAN, ABQ, SMF, MRY, TUS, SLC, FAT, RNO, SJC, SBA, SAF, ELP.

Not really sure why AA would want -200's though...

Interesting since SLC, SAN, ABQ, and ELP are CRJ 700 routes for us.

Interesting since SLC, SAN, ABQ, and ELP are CRJ 700 routes for us.

I have not looked since I left the EMJ a couple months back, so things may have changed, but SLC, SAN, ABQ, and ELP, are CRJ overnights, but the Embraer was still doing turns to these cities...

A couple of the other LAX routes also have CRJ turns, will be interesting to see what we still are going to do..

I think AE should give us some more information with our recall letter such as the future fleet plan and explain why they are recalling after giving up some flying. AMR is still in bankruptcy. It would be hard to leave where I'm at now since I already have over 120 people under me on the mass seniority list at RAH and I'm holding a line but that Miami base would be nice.

I'd keep my powder dry.

As much as I don't like BB, Republic has a lot of diversity going for it. That really seems to be key, and I think it would be a huge mistake to leave what you have.

So confused as to why Eagle will hire. Either they arent telling us something or they dangling that carrot in hopes people wont jump ship.

If you read the testimony from AMR in their 1113 Filing, they intend to start 88 seat flying. With the abrogation of the pilot's contract, they are now free from any scope restrictions and I suspect they plan to start this flying promptly.

Of course that won't stop Pilots on this and other forums from cheering on the APA as the fling themselves headlong off a cliff trailing collateral damage along the way to the profession.

It's not really fair to be mad at the guy for being happy about living in base. But it does just go to show, the regionals are no place to be long term. I'm at SkyWest, and am already trying to make my next move. I like it here a lot, but it won't last forever as we've seen time and time again.

I used to catch rides from LAX Eagle guys out of FAT, and every one of them were great folks. I sincerely do feel sorry for the hardships they face with moves and/or commuting now.
You and me both.

I was shocked on my commute this morning to hear this from a guy at "the sister company" sitting next to me.
I'd keep my powder dry.
I'm not familiar with that term, sir. Can you please edumacate this here young'n?!

Means I wouldn't make any significant decisions until the dust settles, somewhat.

What about the AA US Airways merger? What impact if any would it have on this deal?

Some people tell me at AE, which of course is all just speculation, that Eagle would like to get some A319's and/or CRJ 9's in the fleet to replace the MD 80 guys... again... all speculation, but it would make sense if rumors came true...

Some people tell me at AE, which of course is all just speculation, that Eagle would like to get some A319's and/or CRJ 9's in the fleet to replace the MD 80 guys... again... all speculation, but it would make sense if rumors came true...

Right... because putting 88 seats in a 319 make perfect economic sense.

Keep dreaming son.

Back