SFO or LAX crash pads.

JDean3204

I was told today to expect either SFO or LAX out of training. Looking for the cheapest options, not trying to break the bank which I'm sure is easier said than done commuting to either base. I'd prefer sub 300 crash pads, is that even doable??

I was told today to expect either SFO or LAX out of training. Looking for the cheapest options, not trying to break the bank which I'm sure is easier said than done commuting to either base. I'd prefer sub 300 crash pads, is that even doable??

I know of a few in LAX, all are 300/month. I haven't seen anything less than that.

I know of a few in LAX, all are 300/month. I haven't seen anything less than that.

300 is doable if need be, are they close to the airport? I will not be taking my truck down there as I don't think it will even make the trip without crapping out lol

Yea, most people take the bus or Uber to the airport. I think uber is 8 to 10 dollars one way, and bus is like $1.75. There might be a nearby shuttle starting up soon as well, that would be a little less expensive.

Yea, most people take the bus or Uber to the airport. I think uber is 8 to 10 dollars one way, and bus is like $1.75. There might be a nearby shuttle starting up soon as well, that would be a little less expensive.
Right on, thanks for the info! I should find out in the next few weeks what my base is. For now just trying to take this training one day at a time and make sure I make it to the point of having to worry about crash pads :)

For SFO there is an apartment complex near the airport called Northpark. It's REALLY popular for crashpads. Most folks take the Crowne Plaza shuttle bus and it's a short walk to the complex. Most places are around $300 a month.

Hey man, is there anyway you can PM me contact info about some of these pads you were talking about? I am almost done with training and will need to get a place sorted soon..

Hey man, is there anyway you can PM me contact info about some of these pads you were talking about? I am almost done with training and will need to get a place sorted soon..
So you might want to check out a pad i looked into for a while. I believe it was called altitude pads. Essentially it sounded like the person running it had leased out some hotel rooms and outfitted them with bunks. It could be potentially much cheaper than a standard crash pad. They way it worked is you payed a monthly fee (sub $200) for something like 8 nights a month, then it was $20 or $30 a night for additional stays. All hot bunks of course.

If your company is flying a lot it could be a really good deal. if you are sitting around all the time I would stick to a regular pad.

Back