See you later JetCareers, I'm shipping to Fort Benning

You know, you can enlist at 17 with parental consent, Paul.

;)

Me: Hey Dad! I want to serve in the Marines!

Dad: Why the #### would you want to do that?

;)

My birthday is December 29, so not long after that I might have my own members announcment.

From my days in the Marine Corps in the infantry...I congratulate you on your choice and welcome you as a grunt (even if it is in the Army). The only other thing I can recommend is boot straps. They also have 1,000,000 uses.

Oh yeah...PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING.

That is all. Good luck! :)

walk in a park....I went through two boot camps in my life and...well, there's no way I'd go through another one...but that's beside the point..good luck :D

don't take too much stuff with you and get a hair cut before you go because you aint gonna like the one there :) and remember it's all just a game :D

Mariano, Thanks for your service to our country! and for all the great info on madrid :) (Which is definitely one of the most awesome cities I've EVER been to!)

Thanks Emily, I'm really glad that you guys liked Madrid so much :)

In regards to the my service to the country, although I'm European and lived there most of my life, I considered the US my country too, and I have embrace America like my own. This is a great land, with great people, and a unique spirit.

Thanks very much everybody for giving your warmth, advice, and good wishes. :)

See you soon!!

You take care Mariano; you've done it before and can do it again! We'll see you again when you catch up on your sleep (and get a shower longer than 3 minutes).

Another alumni of the Benning School School for Boys here.

I did Airborne, Infantry Officer Basic Course and Infantry Officer Advanced Course (Masters in Organized Violence) at Benning. Many hours spent fighting the Z-monster in Building 4 (AKA Building snore) and many more trapezing though the woods on the land nav course and training areas during Fx's.

Thanks for your service to our country and say hello to Iron Mike if you get a chance.

PS Stay out of the clubs on Victory Drive.

However, If you must go, have a beer for me, give some support the most talented "single mom" and remember to take some bud's with you so you can fight your way out if needed. LOL

Another former Benning OSUT guy here as well. When you get there they will issue you a cash card while your at reception to buy PT shoes, socks and all the non army green crap. The card is just an advance from your paycheck...

Anyway HAVE FUN!

-Seth

Mariano,
Suerte macho! Takes cojones to do what you are doing, first "mili"and now basic training more or less at age 40.
I´ve been through bootcamp twice, (AF BMT in 1986 and Navy AOCS in 92), and can say I wouldnt trade the experience for anything.

Good luck and keep your head down if you head to the sandy parts!

Today is the end of the second week for Mariano... think he's even out of the Reception Battalion yet? Don't know if things have changed much, but when I went 16 years ago some cats got held up there for over a month!

(And you don't know how hard it was to type out that "16" above... geesh!

Hey Ian I dont know if hes out yet but I went seven years ago and was at reception for a month and a half. However that was a few months after 9/11 so there was a surge in recruits. Just had a soldier coming to my unit go through about a year ago and it took him 2 weeks to get out of reception. Definately sucks when your sitting on day 0 for a few weeks:banghead:

Back