Security References

aviatorchris

I searched to see if this is in another post but came up empty....

Does anyone know thats been to a PEPC, exactlly everything we need to bring for References etc.

Can you please list them all in your post.

Thankyou!

I searched to see if this is in another post but came up empty....

Does anyone know thats been to a PEPC, exactlly everything we need to bring for References etc.

Can you please list them all in your post.

Thankyou!

You just need to have your SF-85/86 filled out completely. It has all the reference information you will need on it.

yes it is online, go to the operations of personel managment website and search for forms

How do they expect you to come up with all these contacts if you cant put family members?

Hmmm, lets see how I broke it down.....

Friends,
Co workers,
Former cell mates,
If anyone has ever stalked you, chances are they know you well enough to list,

For your address references, neighbors, for your work references, supervisiors, for your school references, instructors, for your "People that know you well" friends. It's not THAT many people unless you're one of the ones who have moved 15 million times, and such. :) Good luck, it is abit overwhelming at first, but the blanks come together pretty fast.

How many people out of all of the references actually have to mail something back to the FAA? Theres very few people besides my family/relatives that I trust to actually mail something back to the FAA.

How many people out of all of the references actually have to mail something back to the FAA? Theres very few people besides my family/relatives that I trust to actually mail something back to the FAA.

The OPM office does not expect to have 100% of the referecne letters returned.

The OPM office does not expect to have 100% of the referecne letters returned.

yea, none of this stuff has to be perfect

I had to list a few friends as 'neighbors' since I didn't know anyone at my previous addresses (then they get multiple papers, one for address verification, and one for personal reference)

They say no relatives, but if it really comes down to, you can probably get away with using one or two. If you have good friends, definitely take advantage and put them on your security form

ok here it is:
Its just a scantron with asking the following:
1. How long have you known this person?
A) ____ years _____ months B) I don't know this person

2. My association with this person is/was as a:
A) Coworker B) Neighbor C) Friend D) Spouse E) Former Spouse F) Instructor G) Relative H) Other (explain)

3. On the average, I associate(d) with this person:
A) Daily B) Weekly C) Monthly D) Twice a Year E) Once Every Year or 2 D) Once in 3 or More Years

4. I last associated with this person:
A) 0-3 months ago B) 3-12 months ago C) 1-3 years ago D) 3-5 years ago E) 5+ years ago

5. Does the informaion on the front of this form concerning this person apear to be correct?
A) yes B) No-it appears to be incorrect or incomplete (explain)

6. Do you have any reason to question this person's honesty or trustworthiness?
A) No B) Yes (explain) C) I do not know this person well enough to respond D) I wish to discuss the adverse information I have

7. Do you ahve any adverse information about this person's employement, residence or activities concering:
Violations of the Law, Financial Integrity, Abuse of Alcohol and/or Drugs, Mental or Emotional Stability, General Behavior or Conduct, Other Matters (explain)
(There is a yes or no bubble next to each one of those)

8. Additional information which you feel may have a bearing on this person's suitability for government employment or security clearance. This space may be used for derogatory as well as positive information.

9. Do you recommend this person for goverment security clearance or employement?
A) Yes B) No (explain) C) I don't know this person well enough to make a recommendation.

Back