official "waiting for FOL from NYC PEPC" thread

My people are still all waiting to receive their letters :( What sucks is that I was at the 7/7 PEPC, and so far nothing has been received by anyone!!

All my references thought that listing me as mentally stable was kind of a stretch.

Also, they wanted to ask for a clear definition of the "abuse" of alcohol.

Ok... WHAT is in these letters being sent to refrences? If I am still waiting, I want to at least tell people what to expect on them so they can either fill them out honestly, or lie through their teeth for me! :D

Ok... WHAT is in these letters being sent to refrences? If I am still waiting, I want to at least tell people what to expect on them so they can either fill them out honestly, or lie through their teeth for me! :D

Not sure exactly. Sounds like a simple scantron with room for further explanations.
Various questions about character, illegal conduct, drug use, how long have you known this person for...etc

ILLEGAL drug use, right?

Well like the post above, i think it may inquire on the abuse of alcohol... not sure.
One area of concern was something like (I'm remembering the question as my reference told it to me) "Do you have any adverse information about this applicant with regards to illegal conduct"
Well he knows I got in trouble with the law, but does that constitute adverse information?

If your reference knew you abused alcohol and got a DUI or other drug violation, then that could fall under this question.

Its just a scantron with asking the following:
1. How long have you known this person?
A) ____ years _____ months B) I don't know this person

2. My association with this person is/was as a:
A) Coworker B) Neighbor C) Friend D) Spouse E) Former Spouse F) Instructor G) Relative H) Other (explain)

3. On the average, I associate(d) with this person:
A) Daily B) Weekly C) Monthly D) Twice a Year E) Once Every Year or 2 D) Once in 3 or More Years

4. I last associated with this person:
A) 0-3 months ago B) 3-12 months ago C) 1-3 years ago D) 3-5 years ago E) 5+ years ago

5. Does the informaion on the front of this form concerning this person apear to be correct?
A) yes B) No-it appears to be incorrect or incomplete (explain)

6. Do you have any reason to question this person's honesty or trustworthiness?
A) No B) Yes (explain) C) I do not know this person well enough to respond D) I wish to discuss the adverse information I have

7. Do you ahve any adverse information about this person's employement, residence or activities concering:
Violations of the Law, Financial Integrity, Abuse of Alcohol and/or Drugs, Mental or Emotional Stability, General Behavior or Conduct, Other Matters (explain)
(There is a yes or no bubble next to each one of those)

8. Additional information which you feel may have a bearing on this person's suitability for government employment or security clearance. This space may be used for derogatory as well as positive information.

9. Do you recommend this person for goverment security clearance or employement?
A) Yes B) No (explain) C) I don't know this person well enough to make a recommendation.

I have just talked to Mr. Anderson on the phone and I was told that no FOL's will be sent out untill the Fiscal 09 schedule is out and class dates have been found for the applicants. From the info we talked about over and over, i feel as if all the NY PEPC applicants wont recieve a FOL until after OCT. 1 at the earliest. Just more waiting. Sry for the mispelling.

I have just talked to Mr. Anderson on the phone and I was told that no FOL's will be sent out untill the Fiscal 09 schedule is out and class dates have been found for the applicants. From the info we talked about over and over, i feel as if all the NY PEPC applicants wont recieve a FOL until after OCT. 1 at the earliest. Just more waiting. Sry for the mispelling.

You would think the FY09 schedule would be thought through and produced before the actual FY09, the again it's the government. What fac. are you heading to?

I will heading to Houston Center. If anyone else is heading there please feel to write me. I feel real good about Houston Center. I have meet my instructor there and feel as if i am in very good hands and look foward to working there. I hate the job i am currently in and cant wait to give my 2 weeks notice.

I would assume those class dates would be out before Oct 1, but I wouldn't expect to see any dates before Sept 1.

At the MEM PEPC July 21-25 we were told 2-4wks AND 4-6wks (conflicting info, 4-6wks sounds more realistic) for us to get a phone call to setup an OKC date and then our FOL would be snail mailed.

I will heading to Houston Center. If anyone else is heading there please feel to write me. I feel real good about Houston Center. I have meet my instructor there and feel as if i am in very good hands and look foward to working there. I hate the job i am currently in and cant wait to give my 2 weeks notice.

Isn't Houston Center the one that they're closing? When I was at CTI school last year, they told me they were going to shut down Houston Center and other sectors around would take over the airspace.

Back