Scope Bribe

That being said with a two year seat lock on the 190, plus being held for 12 months, on year 3 pay on the Group II's you're making almost the same amount as 190CA with a much better schedule. The 190CA needs to pay about $30/hr more then you wouldn't have issues filling it.

That was intentional to prevent training costs. It seems to be backfiring for them though.

If they had a clT base for the 190 they could solve the staffing problem too. The flying is just so horrible right now on that plane you'd have to really want to do it.

i think the 190 flying is better than airbus flying. Yeah it's lots of kegs but there are almost no all nighters are any 3 day low credit trips like on the airbus. When you're junior t least.
plus the crews are younger and fun.
no crappy upstate new york or or mid atlantic overnights either.

If you live in BOS, LGA, RDU, IAH it's perfect for you. I'm probably missing a city or two but those are the everyday layover cities.

What's not perfect is the pay or the low amount of SAP possible with limited open time.

There are some 10 hour 3 days. I can think of BDL, ATL, and MSP off the top of my head, but certainly no back to back redeye 5 on 2 off lines worth 73 hours like my March awarded line.

I live in Raleigh and was upset at myself for not bidding it as a new hire. They do a ton of overnights here.

That being said I just couldn't deal with the 6 leg days anymore, 8 years at a commuter wore me out. Also the limited flying would be frustrating. I'm a former USX guy who went up and down the east coast, I've seen it all, I rather enjoy going out west. Especially with this ridiculous cold weather we've had for the past two months.

I read a quote from our VP of planning, Peter Warlick, a couple days ago, who basically said any 100 seat order is a long time away if they even materialize.

Back