Scam? I think so.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
So I applied to this random job posting on climbto350.com the other day for "Family Airlines" which is supposedly a start up that wants to run coast to coast low cost no frills flights. On a whim I clicked submit app. Three weeks or so later I see this email:

Thank you for your resume regarding obtaining a flight crew position with Family Airlines. In order for you to be considered for an interview a formal application will need to be submitted.

Our application is available on line at:

http://www.familyairlines.com/Pilot_Application.htm

Nope, that's where I draw the line.

Apparently, there's actually an engineless 747 sitting somewhere in the desert with "Family" written on it in order to "prove" that they're a real airline.

So basically, they're (supposedly) raking in $25,000/week in application fees, what's the point of even putting engines on the 747-200 and making a revenue flight? :)

Family Airlines...

Ten-foot pole....

No touchy.

Apparently, there's actually an engineless 747 sitting somewhere in the desert with "Family" written on it in order to "prove" that they're a real airline.

So basically, they're (supposedly) raking in $25,000/week in application fees, what's the point of even putting engines on the 747-200 and making a revenue flight? :)

Family Airlines...

Ten-foot pole....

No touchy.

That's what I'm going to do, buy a scuttled 747-200 with no motors and charge pilots iwth 300TT to apply. SWEEEEEEET MONEY MONEY MONEY! MONEY!

You coulda had a free engineless 747. One was sitting at BTL for many years until they dragged it onto the runway and started chopping.

This has been going on for years. I remember seeing a website that looked like it was designed by an autistic five year old for this scam back in like 04.

Unless it's in corporate, the rule of thumb is generally if it seems too good to be true...

Nothing but a scam, and even if they do finally get off the ground after 20 years of trying, it's still nothing but a non-union pseudo-scab operation that doesn't deserve your consideration anyway. By the way, the "CEO" is a convicted felon.

Dr. Phil..... NOOOOoooOoOoooOoooO! :)

55LB4140.JPG

thanks for the lead, Pat... I sent them the money just now!:D BTW, they only except paypal, visa, master card, am express, and personal checks.

Johnston too faults Michaels for financial mismanagement. He cites the fact that the company bought his old widescreen television for $4,000 when Michaels only paid $2,000 for it new. The Michaels also leased new Mercedes cars with company money, and even detailed them in the company parking lot in front of employees who were contributing capital to the company to buy their way onto the pilot seniority list.

http://www.lvbusinesspress.com/articles/2004/07/09/news/news01.txt
Why do people do this???

Look around the "Hot Topics" section of the website. There's this weird, sinster, dark part of the pilot personality that is attracted to these situations like flies on a dead squirrel on the side of the road.

Las Vegas to:
New York City $69.00
Miami $69.00
Los Angeles $19.00
Honolulu $99.00
San Francisco $39.00

What a Deal!!!! ;)

Seriously, what company asks you to send a check before you get ahold of the application materials?

What's even more scary is there has to be at least a few hundred pilots sending the $50 to these scammers!

Back