Scam? I think so.

I'm far from a blind union booster, and PCL and I have crossed plenty of swords. I'm also not even an airline pilot. Luckily, these should all increase my credibility for the "anti"s. So, antis, in my humble opinion, you would do well to recognize that trade unionism is the way the game is played at the airlines. You don't have to like it (although in the end it does you more favors than not), but if you're smart, you'll accept it. Forget about what's "right" (although, again, I would argue that the Gojet debacle was pretty "wrong" insofar as that word has any meaning in a political game), and think about what's expedient. Teeing off on guys who have a lot of experience in doing what you'd like to be doing is neither expedient nor especially bright. Close mouth, open ears.

Just to give you an idea of what sort of "blackballing" can occur - even at a non-union outfit (in the particular example I am going to cite on demand 135 charter). I will also preface in that I'm sure not everyone here likes me either but I try to be low key. :D

At a company I used to work at, the big boss called me one day and asked me what I thought of (some dude applying)<INSERT here name applicant>. He doesn't let the applicant even get a sim (in this case, since no sim, actual plane time), unless a lot of stuff lines up right in the beginning. If it's someone who had done something to slight me or a friend, or a group of friends, or someone who had said something incredibly stupid and not even given a hint of remorse for actions/words, I could easily tell said boss "yeah I know that guy, he's the smarty-pants who" etc. etc. I of course, would never lie to my boss, and therefore whether the opinion is positive or negative is purely based on his or her influence on me previously.

So, long story short (or even longer), if you're name were to come up at the top of a stack of resumés, it's entirely possible that someone, or some people, who feel that you have done something in a not totally cool manner could be looking at it. All they'd have to do is file that paper in the circular. Believe you me, I've seen resumés tossed aside within seconds of picking them up.

:tmyk:

Rock on dude - do your best to become educated about the industry you will enter one day soon. Unions are your best ally in the 121 biz, and if you don't like how they're run, then you need to step up to the plate and volunteer to see your "changes" or "enhancements" or "ideas" through. As long as they help the union members. :)

DPAPilot, It would be best for all if you don't post that wretched man's mug on this website. Seeing his face is known to cause increased blood pressure, fits of rage and other disqualifying medical conditions.

That is unless there is a bullseye superimposed on his face.

Actually I take that back. I shot out a CRT monitor the last time, and that can cause blindness.

I think its best for all for him to go away FOREVER.

DPAPilot, It would be best for all if you don't post that wretched man's mug on this website.

I had a class in college where (not kidding) 35% of what we talked about was him and his bankruptcy contract ploy. I got sick of him just because I had to hear about him everyday for a whole semester.

The airline division of teamsters (Teamsters Local 747) refused to represent GoJets. Ask yourselves why they would do such a thing?
Edit: Oh, darn. Sorry Cruise, you beat me to it.

Back