Sad Day in the R2F Household

I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but I'm sending some thoughts your way anyway since I just found the post.

Dogs are awesome. They aren't "like" part of the family, they are family. Just as much as Harry depended on you to fill his food dish, he also depended on you to keep him comfortable, and you did the right thing. I think many of us are all too aware of just how bad it hurts inside to make that responsible decision.

He's now in a place where not having opposing digits doesn't keep him out of the refrigerator, and I bet he's smiling as he chows down on his favorite food in doggie heaven. :D You'll always remember him, and by doing that you'll keep a little bit of Harry's spirit in your lives for a long time to come.

I am sorry to hear that. As a former dog owner I know how hard it is to lose pet. They are one of family. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear the news Stan.

It's never easy losing a family friend. 14 years was a good long life though, look at it more as a cerebration of life rather then a passing of it.

Good luck buddy.

I'm going to say that I don't think I could ever do that, but I think you made the right decision. If/when that happens to my dog, I think I'd make the best decision I could, given the circumstances. If things are that dismal, I think I'd have to go your route, I just wouldn't want to.

Sorry to hear that. My condolences having two dogs right now I know what the loss means to you.

I'm sad to report that we had to sign the papers this morning to have our 14 year old dog, Harry Lee, euthanized.

Harry was a great dog, but sadly, became very lethargic at the end of the weekend. By Monday, he didn't get up from the floor at all.

The final diagnosis was that he had cancer "somewhere" but at his age, we agreed, it was better to let him go peacfully.

Today, the doctor informed us that his organs began to shut down, so my wife and I did the right thing for Harry and signed the release.

I cannot tell you how incredibly horrible we feel right now. Everyone who met our dog, Harry, loved him. He had a sweet face, loving nature and wanted to be friends with everything and every one.

He was basically a "mut" - but the doctors referred to him as a terrier/mix.

God bless you, Harry! You are/will be missed!

R2F Family
so so sorry Stan, much love for you and your family

Back