Russian Airplane Cockpit Cam Catches Deadly Crash

How many US CFI's have experienced something like this without aggressively taking over - a 45-60 degree deviation from runway heading, headed towards trees and the student is still at the controls? I also think I saw the T/C ball to the right, meaning inadequate right rudder, explaining the left aileron roll as airspeed decayed.

I didn't notice that at first, why make the turn to begin with?

Just asked myself that as well - Also why didn't the CFI adjust to maintain runway heading?. At the same time, this was reported as a student and instructor but this info could be inaccurate.

How many US CFI's have experienced something like this without aggressively taking over - a 45-60 degree deviation from runway heading, headed towards trees and the student is still at the controls? I also think I saw the T/C ball to the right, meaning inadequate right rudder, explaining the left aileron roll as airspeed decayed.
I usually let my students get pretty bad before taking over to make their deviation bluntly obvious. Even before taking over, I instruct them to kick in rudder and keep right. No use, they just keep going left and never take appropriate action. Some people weren't made to fly, yet they still do.

I usually let my students get pretty bad before taking over to make their deviation bluntly obvious. Even before taking over, I instruct them to kick in rudder and keep right. No use, they just keep going left and never take appropriate action. Some people weren't made to fly, yet they still do.

I do the same and I've never seen a student, even on their first lesson, let a situation get this far out of hand. I can't imagine letting our heading get off that much without taking control.

It could be two students flying together. I've seen that in the U.S., and neither the two students on their cross-country nor their CFI who dispatched them knew enough about the FAR's to understand that it was a violation.

Back