RIP AMF OAK

That was my guess based on the fisheye, but I wasn't aware that it had a time lapse feature. That clip is now a piece of aviation history! :biggrin:

Yeah it is! For the time lapse, I had it set to take still pictures at a certain frames per second, then used QuickTime Pro to sequence the pictures into a movie.

Wow, that is dead. In pdx you hit 830-9pm and you'd have 6 pa31's, 2 be99's and a metro almost all at once. That was the second busy time. The first being the UPS work coming in about 6pm. And that was after the chase flights went away.

Wow, that is dead. In pdx you hit 830-9pm and you'd have 6 pa31's, 2 be99's and a metro almost all at once. That was the second busy time. The first being the UPS work coming in about 6pm. And that was after the chase flights went away.
Yeah, and I think OAK is down 3 flight now from when that video was created. Really crappy situation.

Yeah, that's the one. The one set to "Right Now" is pretty sweet too. I had the privilege to see a little of the Airnet operation toward the end of its heyday when I interviewed back in '08. It was amazing and I wish I had been able to be a part of that...unfortunately they furloughed like 5 months after I interviewed.

Yeah, that's the one. The one set to "Right Now" is pretty sweet too. I had the privilege to see a little of the Airnet operation toward the end of its heyday when I interviewed back in '08. It was amazing and I wish I had been able to be a part of that...unfortunately they furloughed like 5 months after I interviewed.
We must have intervied at the same time because I was furloughed not too long after I interviewed.

We must have intervied at the same time because I was furloughed not too long after I interviewed.
I interviewed something like April 1st 2008...swam in the pool for a few months...was offered a prop SIC position in maybe August? Turned it down because I'd already committed to another semester at the Skool o' Flite....then they furloughed in like September and I was glad I didn't take the class date.

Yeah, and I think OAK is down 3 flight now from when that video was created. Really crappy situation.

On the plus side, the Cooch is slashing costs every day and in every way. I'm sure he's convinced he's doing the company a big favor.

scooter2525 : you know, I'm about 90% sure now we met in the winter of 2010 (Jan 2011?), in the OAK dispatch office, that is if you are the one who gave me silver and red air-ambo keychain flashlight.

I interviewed something like April 1st 2008...swam in the pool for a few months...was offered a prop SIC position in maybe August? Turned it down because I'd already committed to another semester at the Skool o' Flite....then they furloughed in like September and I was glad I didn't take the class date.
I think I interviewed in may. Did the PiC thing in teb.

Just got an email from HR saying that Oakland and Portland are still initial bases. Thought OAK was shut down?

When they say OAK they mean HWD. With the way communications are at AMF I wouldn't be surprised if half the company doesn't even know about the move.

Back