Riddle no longer 100% free to vets

Maybe I'm not understanding it correctly, but can you go to a state college with a 141 program and have your flight costs covered?

If so, I fail to see the problem. Riddle is way more expensive than pretty much every other aviation program out there.

This isn't denying anyone their dream, only making them slightly modify it.

The State Governments actually do a pretty good job cracking down. I believe I read once that the numbers of people abusing the system is not as high as people might think.

No they don't, I have first hand experience with that (well at least in 4 states). In one example an individual was investigated 7 times and found in violation all but one time yet nothing was ever done. I can talk to you off line about my experience with this. But State Governments are even less able to pursue abusers than the Feds are.

Veterans get their "entitlements" from government based on the contract(blank check) they have written. They are entitled to it per their contract.

Well crap, I started to write one of my famous TLDR posts about how you were wrong about the two terms. But then I went and looked up the definition.....need to digest what I read. As my understanding of the term Entitlement and Compensation is apparently different from what I found online with Merriam-Webster. I would automatically say I was wrong and retract my previous statement, but you know what they say......

A pilot who admits he is wrong is a sign of the end of days. You know real biblical stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...

Alright, you make a valid point. I think that the college educational institution in this country is VASTLY overpriced. It definitely should be reasonably priced.

So why is it that you think they're overpriced? They're overpriced because we've made it too easy to get a college education. Government throws cheap loans at kids who really shouldn't be going to college. The answer is less kids going to college, not more.

So why is it that you think they're overpriced? They're overpriced because we've made it too easy to get a college education. Government throws cheap loans at kids who really shouldn't be going to college. The answer is less kids going to college, not more.
But then again, you have companies demanding degree when they really should not. I was looking at a craigslist ad the other day and they wanted a guy with college degree to sell cars? I was really insulted but that is the trend. Supposedly, the rigors of highschool are no longer a true indication of someone ready for the work force. My mother is a community college professor and she cringes at she complains about the overall quality of the student. No really wants to study, they just want to pass and move on. It is really deplorable because they should go and learn a trade and continue life. We need people to dig ditches and lay pipes.

What I think we are missing in this country is a good trade school program. I think Obama was sort of going on that part but not sure I buy into his implementation ala community colleges. I think Germany has a good national trade program. Along with that is the need for a national youth service corps where EVERYONE gives back. I think those two programs compliment each other.

Naw they are over priced because they marketed a college education as a necessity not a luxury. And now they can charge what ever they want, and do, so they can have fancy basketball teams and private jets and big concert halls. Colleges, private and state, are in business to make money (as is our government). They are not there to give you an education. The education is incidental to the business of the college. They are in the business of membership, nothing more. They are solely a profit making exercise with AWESOME marketing and sales departments.

A college education has become like crack cocaine. They give you the first hit for free and then you're hooked for life.

On average, you'll make more money as a welder or plumber (with a 6 month training program) than a doctor or lawyer who went to school for 8 years. I dated an opthamologist who was teaching at John Hopkins. She was making roughly 40K a year.

When i got out of the Army in 86 we had the Army College Fund. You paid in 2700.00 and got 21000 in benefits. I used it to go to A@P school.Got a check for 730.00 per month to pay tuition, housing etc.

I only used about half of it. Got 1200.00 of my 2700 back. Had to use it with in 10 years.

'As a side not the local college here was looking for cfi's. I was unqualified since I don't have a 4 year degree even tho I just went over 7000 hours total time

'As a side not the local college here was looking for cfi's. I was unqualified since I don't have a 4 year degree even tho I just went over 7000 hours total time

They don't want actual experienced people.

You know real biblical stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling. Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...

Who you gonna call....

Back