Republic or Trans States (Pilot Job)

Matthew Huezo

Hey all, I have a class date offer from both Republic & Trans States. Republic is Q400 with seat lock until captain and 2 year training contract with a 5k signing bonus. Trans States is no contract on the ERJ-145. Anybody have any advice on which one to take? Please help!

Neither pay enough to justify working there. If you apply, they have no incentive to actually change that fact.

Would you like a Burger King Burger or a McDonalds burger? One comes with better fries but in essence, you will feel great while you take that first bite, but then, in the long run, it aint healthy.

Neither pay enough to justify working there. If you apply, they have no incentive to actually change that fact.

Would you like a Burger King Burger or a McDonalds burger? One comes with better fries but in essence, you will feel great while you take that first bite, but then, in the long run, it aint healthy.

Trans states actually pays pretty well with a nice contract. Plus a pretty quick upgrade to boot, 60 or so upgrades by December.

QOL, man. Where will you be commuting from? Can you live in base with one company over another? Ex-TSA here...if you have any questions, fire away, though there are some new TSA guys floating around here who might have updated info.

QOL, man. Where will you be commuting from? Can you live in base with one company over another? Ex-TSA here...if you have any questions, fire away, though there are some new TSA guys floating around here who might have updated info.

I'm going to live wherever I get based. Commuting is pretty much out of the equation aside from costs of living near one base or another. Only base I am concerned with is Newark with republic. How hard is training at TSA?

I'm going to live wherever I get based. Commuting is pretty much out of the equation aside from costs of living near one base or another. Only base I am concerned with is Newark with republic. How hard is training at TSA?

It's tough really tough but they over prepare you so that every test you took there are no surprises. I took my atp oral two weeks ago and I walked out of there knowing I was better prepared than any other checkride.

TSA. The training program/department has a new Director of Training, and things are turning around for the best. More days off in training, sim instructors actually teach, most are single occupancy room, different hotel, etc... All that came from someone in the department btw...

first...2 year seat lock until captain is incorrect(unless it has changed), it's 2 year seat lock and then you can bid another aircraft. All the jets are seat locked till upgrade.

second...don't chase upgrade...only QOL .

commuting to reserve is damn near suicidal...so I recommend living in base or at least commuting that doesn't involve nonrevving.

as stated above, RAH is all of those things except when it comes to the Q program...

if you were going to a jet at RAH...then you might hear a different tone...

Upgrade time is a meaningless metric.

The ten year upgrade at American Eagle might be a two year upgrade tomorrow, and so on. It is a measure of past performance and not a guarantee of future returns (or whatever).

And @CFIT99 is spot on. Commuting to reserve is unbelievably wearing, and highly not recommended.

Hey all, I have a class date offer from both Republic & Trans States. Republic is Q400 with seat lock until captain and 2 year training contract with a 5k signing bonus. Trans States is no contract on the ERJ-145. Anybody have any advice on which one to take? Please help!
Neither. Hit up our other Curran Ct. buddies and go to Air Wisconsin or Compass! :) Assuming this is the same Matt I know from UND... You might be able to figure out who this is by the shark in my avatar. :)

Did you send in your stuff for XJT? I know interviewing again is probably the last thing you want to do right now, but it might be worth it over the other two choices.

Maybe with all this flow stuff going on its time to think about going to a WO? Out of the two, Id say go to RAH as they are more diversified to handle any bumps along the road. The 145 is a dying airframe, and if TSA doesn't have anything else, they may dry up with it.

Maybe with all this flow stuff going on its time to think about going to a WO? Out of the two, Id say go to RAH as they are more diversified to handle any bumps along the road. The 145 is a dying airframe, and if TSA doesn't have anything else, they may dry up with it.
Remember, being wholly-owned by Delta means everything!

2214561.jpg

Upgrade time is a meaningless metric.

The ten year upgrade at American Eagle might be a two year upgrade tomorrow, and so on. It is a measure of past performance and not a guarantee of future returns (or whatever).

And @CFIT99 is spot on. Commuting to reserve is unbelievably wearing, and highly not recommended.

Junior capt at Eagle right now is a late 2007 hire. Far from a 10 yr upgrade like it used to be. Not to say it won't go back to that...but, back on topic. Go with the Waterski!

Back