Republic or Trans States (Pilot Job)

For what its worth, TSA is the U.S. launch customer for the MRJ, and currently have 50 on order, supposedly the MRJ will be flying in 2017.
tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500.gif

I think TSA is the better option over XJT or SKYW if you are looking to move on in your career. I worked at one for 5 years, and interviewed at the other last month. The interview left me feeling like they were looking for career guys where as TSA knows they are going to loose you after a few years especially with the short upgrade time. As far as regionals are concerned, I would go with the one that will help you move alone, not tie you down and want you to stay forever. Eventually, folks at the majors will retire and pilots will move in to bigger airplanes/pay/company. Just my .02

Of course, being unemployed now is not really making me to be a great source, I will take what I can get, but I can tell you that the interview I went to resulted in the "thanks, but no thanks" letter. I emailed the recruiter about it, and it was because of my time and experience that would lead me to leave the company before too long, thus leaving the company in the same place they are now, looking for more pilots.

What's the advantage of owning an airplane that will be a beer can in 5-10 years? That goes for all 50 seat aircraft, not just -145's. Is the advantage that you get to write down the losses when you sell them for scrap instead of letting Wells Fargo eat the losses?

jtrain609 said:
What's the advantage of owning an airplane that will be a beer can in 5-10 years? That goes for all 50 seat aircraft, not just -145's. Is the advantage that you get to write down the losses when you sell them for scrap instead of letting Wells Fargo eat the losses?
I did the accelerated depreciation and wrote the plane off in 5 years (6 tax years). Figured the airlines would do the same. Figure the bank to be flush sooner then that.

Yeah, about 100 08' hires, then no one until Spring of '10. I take it back though, no Q bids came out in this vacancy its getting a bit full on the CA's side, we shall see...

To cover myself on this I found out (from a reliable source) the reason no more Q bids are out is because they've stopped delivering them for a short period.

Back