Remembering Ben

I wish more people had a partner like Ginny. What an amazing person. Makes this loss even more incredibly difficult.

Any thoughts on getting her to a M&G or ACE? Perhaps it would be beneficial to meet some of the support group in a M&G type situation?

Blah, I'm getting all teary eyed reading that. I wasn't as active when Ben was still with us but I remember seeing how tough it was for everyone who was close to him.

Wow...I can't believe it's really been almost a year. Time certainly does not stand still does it? It will whiz right by you if you don't watch it.

That being said, I would like to say to all the members here: And this applies whether I have met you or not, Republican, Democrat, Christian or Atheist...

Thank You. I have been on and off this board for a number of years and have watched as many of you have joined the ranks of the airlines...the military...the non-flying world...have had children born and yes, watched as a member died. We laugh and joke about the "interwebs" but I truly think that this is something other than just another website...it is a group I am glad to be involved with. So, thank you to every member here (and mucho kudos to you Dough) for being "good buds" here on JC. As much as I might want to deny it, JC's members have influenced me in so many ways it's ridiculous. There are things that make you think about what's important in life and the "flash back" to Ben's death and his families blog has certainly reminded me that giving thanks to those that are important is just that...important.

That's all I got.

You said it all right here. I've made a few friends and gotten a lot of opportunites that otherwise never would have come my way if it wasn't for this website.

I read through the blog quite a bit last night. Very sobering. I can't believe it's been a year already.

When Ben died, some of my first thoughts were "I'm really gonna miss Ben."

A year on, I still miss Ben. I doubt this feeling will ever go away.

I think of him every time I cast my fly rod. He is the one that helped me get started on fly fishing, and also the author of my sig.

It proved too difficult for me to read. I couldn't get through much of the blog, as it was too painful. Its specially heart wrenching because it hits so close to home for all of us.

I read through quite a bit laughing and crying, sometimes happy for what they shared, sometimes sad for what they will miss... I am acutely aware of the fragility and short duration of life and I deeply appreciate the experience she shares with all of us. We are still learning lessons from Ben, and now from Ginny.

Are we still donating money? I gave already and would like to give again if JC still has something setup for Ben's family.

It is a difficult thing to read.
I have been in almost the same situation Ben faced, and have two little girls of my own. I got lucky. To see this, and what could have been is very tough to wrap around.
I never knew Ben, but think about him (and his family) now and again.

Always let your family know how you feel.

Back