Remembering Ben

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
With all the activity around Network JC this year, let's not forget that it has nearly been a year (10/21/09) since we lost a great member of this community - and a man who truly had his priorities in line.

I occassionally read the blog Ben and his wife shared - and that she continues. There are parts that will bring you to tears, but if you're a man who truly wants to become a better man, you could learn a lot from Ben - I certainly have.

May peace be unto you and your family Ben.

http://benandginnyhill.blogspot.com/

That's difficult to read though it does make me want to be a better husband to my wife.

Thanks for posting it.

That's difficult to read though it does make me want to be a better husband to my wife.

Thanks for posting it.

That was exactly my feeling. I broke down when I read the post about the message he left her on the laundry basket.

It is a beautiful tribute, and through the pain of her loss she is blossoming in strength and faith. Thanks for the reminder... he was a neat young man.

Holy cow, that was awesome...she is a tough girl...didn't know Ben, but all of a sudden wish I had...I have been away quite a bit lately - didn't think it had been a year since I first saw the posts...good luck and godspeed, Ginny...I'm sure she knows that JC'ers will help in whatever way we can
-Rob

Wow...I can't believe it's really been almost a year. Time certainly does not stand still does it? It will whiz right by you if you don't watch it.

That being said, I would like to say to all the members here: And this applies whether I have met you or not, Republican, Democrat, Christian or Atheist...

Thank You. I have been on and off this board for a number of years and have watched as many of you have joined the ranks of the airlines...the military...the non-flying world...have had children born and yes, watched as a member died. We laugh and joke about the "interwebs" but I truly think that this is something other than just another website...it is a group I am glad to be involved with. So, thank you to every member here (and mucho kudos to you Dough) for being "good buds" here on JC. As much as I might want to deny it, JC's members have influenced me in so many ways it's ridiculous. There are things that make you think about what's important in life and the "flash back" to Ben's death and his families blog has certainly reminded me that giving thanks to those that are important is just that...important.

That's all I got.

Wow...I can't believe it's really been almost a year. Time certainly does not stand still does it? It will whiz right by you if you don't watch it.

That being said, I would like to say to all the members here: And this applies whether I have met you or not, Republican, Democrat, Christian or Atheist...

Thank You. I have been on and off this board for a number of years and have watched as many of you have joined the ranks of the airlines...the military...the non-flying world...have had children born and yes, watched as a member died. We laugh and joke about the "interwebs" but I truly think that this is something other than just another website...it is a group I am glad to be involved with. So, thank you to every member here (and mucho kudos to you Dough) for being "good buds" here on JC. As much as I might want to deny it, JC's members have influenced me in so many ways it's ridiculous. There are things that make you think about what's important in life and the "flash back" to Ben's death and his families blog has certainly reminded me that giving thanks to those that are important is just that...important.

That's all I got.
:beer::beer:

We miss you Ben!

Wow, I didn't know Ben, but after reading a lot of that, I miss him. What a guy.

Difficult read. I remember reading the threads about it, but I didn't know Ben. He seemed like a great guy and great dad though.

I check in on his Facebook page from time to time. It's pretty humbling. Not much more I can say without sounding all schwarmy. But from the comments his family and friends leave, he was clearly an awesome guy.

Never knew him personally but always enjoyed his posts. He was one of the few on here that when I would see one of his posts I would be sure to read carefully instead of just skimming over it as he usually had a nugget of info to provide.

RIP

Hard to believe that it has been a year. Ginny's blog is both heart wrenching and incredibly beautiful.

Continued Blue Skies Ben.

OK, one thing I didn't need to see is his daughters putting flowers at his grave...so sad.

Back