Rejected at PEPC Stories?

moulds80

Every indication in these forums is that the most difficult step in this process is getting the PEPC invite, and once you get there it is usually just a formality of an interview and than all the medical, background checks ect…. Has anyone heard of any real stories of people being turned down at the PEPC? I hear people who thought they failed the medical, especially hearing but than always passed, but has anyone been turned down at the interview or actually did fail medical? It must be a bit awkward, with most people getting a TOL on the spot and the other person being told they would hear something later or rejected right there.

I'm going to say I bought a new tie. Then I'm going to hold it up and show them. If it gets no laugh, I'm going to have to leave.

Nothing has concerned me more than failing the medical... I have perfect vision, as far as I know I'm 100% mentally stable, good at interviews, the skeletons in my closet are limited to a few stray bones... but I've fought for awhile now with sleep apnea... a HUGE red flag @ the medical...

I do not have sleep apnea, but was turned down for insurance one time because they said I had reported it to my doctor. The funny thing was that the doctors name they gave me wasn't even my doctor. I tried to appeal but Blue Cross just ignored me. Maybe I should have sued them for getting my records mixed up with someone elses. I hope that doesn't show up somewhere.

I doubt (s)he will be but you need to be honest on the medical history form, if you want to keep the job that is...

You've got that right....Lying to the Feds doesn't work, not even for the DC Big Wig insiders.

I do not have sleep apnea, but was turned down for insurance one time because they said I had reported it to my doctor. The funny thing was that the doctors name they gave me wasn't even my doctor. I tried to appeal but Blue Cross just ignored me. Maybe I should have sued them for getting my records mixed up with someone elses. I hope that doesn't show up somewhere.

Or you could have had your real doctor submit a notarized letter explaining that you were medically cleared and did not have sleep apnea.:confused:

I shouldn't have to. I did not have insurance. Why would I want to go and pay for a doctor to give me a letter to correct the mistake that they made. Besides, how would having a doctor claim that I did not have sleep apnea disprove a prior doctor saying that I said I did. The point is they had my social security number and got me mixed up with someone else who had the same name. My social security number should have precluded this from happening.

It was much easier to just go to another insurer, which I did, who had no problems with my medical history whatsoever.

I shouldn't have to. I did not have insurance. Why would I want to go and pay for a doctor to give me a letter to correct the mistake that they made. Besides, how would having a doctor claim that I did not have sleep apnea disprove a prior doctor saying that I said I did. The point is they had my social security number and got me mixed up with someone else who had the same name. My social security number should have precluded this from happening.

It was much easier to just go to another insurer, which I did, who had no problems with my medical history whatsoever.

But for the purposes of the medical, you will need something from a doctor explaining the situation. If you do not, and upon further investigation (part of the application is a release for medical records) something comes up, they'll suspend your medical until you can clear it up. This is one situation where it pays to come in prepared rather than trying to clean up the mess afterward.

Back