Rejected at PEPC Stories?

I would think more of the test and questions if it were administered by an actual person so that one could explain themselves. On paper things can seem much different than in reality.

That's exactly what I was getting at with my old fashioned interview comment. I'd rather interview with a psychologist then take a written exam...

I would think more of the test and questions if it were administered by an actual person so that one could explain themselves. On paper things can seem much different than in reality.

That is true, paper won't take the time to listen. Expressjet hires people by using the online interview/application and if you don't answer one of the multiple choice questions the way they want then you lose. An actual one on one interview would work so much better.

The test has an unknown factor associated with it, so I'm a little worried. But I'm a pretty normal guy and at least the test is somewhat straightforward: it tests for hypochondria, masculine or feminine traits, over or under aggressive tendencies, depression and anxiety disorders, and general feelings of well being. Call it a BS test from an era where they still practiced electroshock, but at least it has no pretensions.

It's better than what they do at Southwest, where they trick applicants during a group interview session similar to PEPC. The Southwest managers put all the applicants in the same room and give them some hypothetical problem to work out. Then the managers leave the room but still watch through video. The applicants who talk with each other and work out the problem in spontaneous groups are hired. The applicants who sit by themselves trying to work it alone out are not.

The test has an unknown factor associated with it, so I'm a little worried. But I'm a pretty normal guy and at least the test is somewhat straightforward: it tests for hypochondria, masculine or feminine traits, over or under aggressive tendencies, depression and anxiety disorders, and general feelings of well being. Call it a BS test from an era where they still practiced electroshock, but at least it has no pretensions.

It's better than what they do at Southwest, where they trick applicants during a group interview session similar to PEPC. The Southwest managers put all the applicants in the same room and give them some hypothetical problem to work out. Then the managers leave the room but still watch through video. The applicants who talk with each other and work out the problem in spontaneous groups are hired. The applicants who sit by themselves trying to work it alone out are not.

How is that tricking applicants? I would EXPECT to be observed at a job interview, even when the recruiters are not around. I call that a good recruitment stragety to find people who posses the desired dimension: team work.

How is that tricking applicants? I would EXPECT to be observed at a job interview, even when the recruiters are not around. I call that a good recruitment stragety to find people who posses the desired dimension: team work.

exactly, take just about any HR 101 course and you'll learn about the different interview types, group being one of them. they're designed to see how you interact within the group and who stands out as the clear leader, not to deceive.

How is that tricking applicants?

I work great with others. But if you ask me what 2+2 is, I'm not going to consult the team first, I'll just give you an answer on my own.

You have to admit there's some level of deception involved in Southwest's hiring practices, and there's a good chance team players are inadvertently kicked off the team.

LOL... Luckily about 1 minute into this 'test' from SW I picked up on what they were doing (although they were IN the room instead of monitoring via cam) so then I just started smiling and blabbing and telling everyone how wonderful their ideas were and providing LOTS of add ons to other ideas and giving ideas of my own. Yes, I was subsequently called to Dallas for the next step.

Wow...how can I be like you, Boomer? You are my hero.:buck:

WHAT?? We just have to answer a true/false for those friggin' questions?

Wonderful.

A 50+ year old, outdated test which asks many irrelevant questions is not an appropriate "hoop" in my opinion. I feel like the way the test is designed that many normal people when answering the test in a completely honest fashion would be wrongly labeled as having some sort of pshychological problems.

i.e. Some people enjoy chinese food on a very regular basis. Chinese food is known in some people to induce diarrhea:) If those people were to indulge in this activity on a weekly basis, to be completely truthful they would have to say that they suffer from diarrhea more than monthly.

Is this relevant? What if they only ate it bi-monthly...then somehow they are better suited for the job?

Disclaimer: Chinese food is not a pre-cursor to diarrhetic symptoms for me. However, Pizza Hut pizza can make the muddy river flow if you catch my drift.

People fail this test.

They may seem like irrelevant questions to you. Are you a psychologist? I'm guessing not.

People fail this test.

They may seem like irrelevant questions to you. Are you a psychologist? I'm guessing not.

No, but I play one on TV:laff:

If I were a phsychologist would my opinion mean more to you? Because I am only one click away from getting my "life experience" degree in any field that you will respect.

All you do is come on in here and post a bunch of crap.

Okay, who do I sound like? hehehe

You crack me up btw.
bso0038l.jpg

Back