Reasons why JetCareers is awesome.

DPApilot

GUYSH! GUYSH! GUYSH!
In the span of a week, I was able to take @drunkenbeagle and his girlfriend Jane with me on an Amsterdam trip. Went home, hopped a flight and was extremely lucky to get on an air tour with @thepedroid for one of his Grand Canyon tours. A night with @derg and @Kristie that week was a great plus, along with lunch with @Maximilian_Jenius this website is so awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_5173.jpeg
    IMG_5173.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_3177.jpeg
    IMG_3177.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3136.jpeg
    IMG_3136.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 833
In the span of a week, I was able to take @drunkenbeagle and his girlfriend Jane with me on an Amsterdam trip. Went home, hopped a flight and was extremely lucky to get on an air tour with @thepedroid for one of his Grand Canyon tours. A night with @derg and @Kristie that week was a great plus, along with lunch with @Maximilian_Jenius this website is so awesome!

Dude, I just got back from an Amsterdam trip. Small world. Where do you guys stay?

And 100% agree… This website is awesome. A huge reason I was on that Amsterdam trip at a legacy airline because of @derg.

Was great seeing you, it had been too long since that last time we hung out. Thanks for lunch and good conversation.

Good God. For someone who is an amazingly talented writer, you really seem to have a low sense of self-awareness.
I think I actually somewhat meant that literally. Feeling a bit misanthropic at the moment, and I'm in the middle of a 14 hour day five, so I'm too tired to police my tone.

As far as self awareness? Don't talk to me about that after the non-stop stream of fresh mainline FOs I have on my jumpseat complaining about how long it took them to get there, or about how they don't like the 737, or how much schedules at their airline suck.

One today told me "everyone ends up where they belong."

So yeah, I'm feeling a little misanthropic. But I am legit glad that at least some people are living a good life. I'm happy for my FOs moving on, but I'm also not very sympathetic to those who are complaining about how unfair it is that hiring is slowing ... in their first year at the airlines.

What do you want from me? Haven't I been loyal and kind and taken care of my friends, coworkers, crew and passengers for a over a decade now? I've always tried to live a life of unimpeachable integrity, inject kindness into the world, and be true to myself. I've tried to make things better.

But I'm kinda out of emotional bandwidth, so if bitterness creeps in to taint what otherwise is intended as positive, I think I've earned a little grace.

About the writing, thanks. I'm feeling pretty depressed about my writing lately, so I appreciate the positivity.

Having a bad day?
Honestly? yea.

I'm on day five, in the middle of a fourteen hour day, after five days in a row of early wakeups. I'm sitting on ten days off this month, no more than two at a time, and I'm looking at 100+ block on reserve for the month.

And I keep having interactions with jumpseaters and other pilots that are salting some very open wounds, while all my friends in the industry are living their best lives, traveling, buying houses, etc.

But it's ok, I'm just an automaton, here to answer the phone at 3am for a 5am show and a 14 hour day, with "automatic" two hour extension every reserve day for the rest of my life.

I think I actually somewhat meant that literally. Feeling a bit misanthropic at the moment, and I'm in the middle of a 14 hour day five, so I'm too tired to police my tone.

As far as self awareness? Don't talk to me about that after the non-stop stream of fresh mainline FOs I have on my jumpseat complaining about how long it took them to get there, or about how they don't like the 737, or how much schedules at their airline suck.

One today told me "everyone ends up where they belong."

So yeah, I'm feeling a little misanthropic. But I am legit glad that at least some people are living a good life. I'm happy for my FOs moving on, but I'm also not very sympathetic to those who are complaining about how unfair it is that hiring is slowing ... in their first year at the airlines.

What do you want from me? Haven't I been loyal and kind and taken care of my friends, coworkers, crew and passengers for a over a decade now? I've always tried to live a life of unimpeachable integrity, inject kindness into the world, and be true to myself. I've tried to make things better.

But I'm kinda out of emotional bandwidth, so if bitterness creeps in to taint what otherwise is intended as positive, I think I've earned a little grace.

About the writing, thanks. I'm feeling pretty depressed about my writing lately, so I appreciate the positivity.

Theta was amazing. Loved it.

I get that you’re having a tough time I really do. But shoot, years ago, people were telling you a college degree was required to get on with a legacy. You didn’t have an interest in doing that. Years ago, people were telling you to play the game at interviews. You didn’t have an interest in doing that. When a college degree was 100% required you could’ve got one and chose not to. Nowadays it’s not so much a requirement, but still pretty high up there on the list. Years ago, answering an interviewers questions in a certain way, was requirement. Maybe not so much now, But still somewhat. You stated that you did not want to play that game.

We have never met. And shoot, I don’t think you even remember that I was one of the first reviewers of your book. I have been a fan of yours for years not only in your writing, but in your aviation future. I think that you have so much offer and I want you to succeed and I really feel that the thing holding you back is you.

You are still young. You are younger than me when I first got into 121. I really think that if you want a legacy job, you can get one. I will always root for you… But man, don’t make it difficult for me.

I get that you’re having a tough time I really do. But shoot, years ago, people were telling you a college degree was required to get on with a legacy. You didn’t have an interest in doing that. Years ago, people were telling you to play the game at interviews. You didn’t have an interest in doing that. When a college degree was 100% required you could’ve got one and chose not to. Nowadays it’s not so much a requirement, but still pretty high up there on the list. Years ago, answering an interviewers questions in a certain way, was requirement. Maybe not so much now, But still somewhat. You stated that you did not want to play that game.

We have never met. And shoot, I don’t think you even remember that I was one of the first reviewers of your book. I have been a fan of yours for years not only in your writing, but in your aviation future. I think that you have so much offer and I want you to succeed and I really feel that the thing holding you back is you.

You are still young. You are younger than me when I first got into 121. I really think that if you want a legacy job, you can get one. I will always root for you… But man, don’t make it difficult for me.

This so much.

You’ve got so many people in your corner. But when they give advice you just kind of shrug it off and do your own thing. That’s cool and all, but you have to be prepared for the consequences.

Really appreciate it. I've been trying to find people to beta-read books 3 and 4 with no success, and I've been feeling very forgotten lately.

I get it. My wife has been dealing with that crap for 20 years. It’s an awful industry.

I took a break from flying because I burnt myself out and became disillusioned with society, aviation, you name it. In that process I watched friends move on and upward and found former students flying the things I dreamed of flying when I was a kid, and flying with them as captains.

I know part of the @Acrofox story is also leaving 121 behind for a bit, whether by necessity or choice. You'll find your way out but you gotta do the things. All of them. Whatever those things are, at least that way you've covered your bases in all aspects.

I get it. My wife has been dealing with that crap for 20 years. It’s an awful industry.

I'm just self publishing, when I'm ready. Was going to ask your wife, or Sasha to be my editor. I was also one of Theta's beta readers. You're right, it was amazing. This thread divergent is yet reason of why this site is amazing. We're like the Fast and the Furious, were... family.

Back