RAH Possible Code Share in Hawaii??

MusketeerMan

Received a company memo today, could be announced in the next 10 days with a HNL base....very interesting...

Date: October 1, 2008
To: All RAH Flight Crews
Re: New Proposed S5 Base

Shuttle America has a potential opportunity for a new code share agreement with additional flying beginning on or before November 15, 2008. This bid is in anticipation of a possible code share agreement in Hawaii that will be announced within 10 days should it come together. It is necessary to complete the bidding time line prior to the posting of the November 2008 PBS bids and in anticipation of this opportunity being finalized. This crew base would open no later than November 15, 2008 in HNL (Honolulu, HI). Initially the trips are anticipated to be single day trips.

The effective date of this bid is January 1, 2009 but any qualified pilots we be expected to be available in HNL on or before November 15, 2008. Pilots requiring training may expect a class date of early November.

The Company has been in discussions with the Union as related to modifications to specific contract provisions for the HNL based crewmembers.

Travel benefits are unknown at this time but it should be anticipated that at least initially you will have limited travel privileges outside the inter-island flying. There will be a different uniform more aligned with Island attire.

The company reserves the right to waive the 24 month seat lock. Please do not bid this position if you are unable or unwilling to accept an award!

HNL EMB 170 Shuttle America

The company is posting 11 Captain and 11 First Officer EMB 170 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested, please update your vacancy bid in Flica. To correctly bid and to be considered for this position, please bid for HNL 170 CA or FO in Flica under Vacancy.

Vacancies will be awarded in order of seniority using standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Vacancies caused by filling this primary award will be awarded using the standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Not all vacancies created by this bid award may be filled.

Please use Flica to bid. Pilot Bid closes 1700 hours on October 8, 2008.

In an effort to help answer concerns, here is some information on housing. These areas were identified as having reasonable housing in the HNL area.
East Shore: Central Oahu: North Honolulu (less likely, but possible):
Kaneohe Wahiawa (near Wheeler AAF) Pearl City
Kailua Waipahu

Apartment and Rental info for the area(s) is available on
www.Apartments.com www.Rent.com www.AreaGuides.net

With Hawaiian Airlines already flying the cost effective B-717 between the islands I wonder if it would be for them. I just don't know if that would make a lot of sense.

It could very well be for one of the mainland-based airlines then.

Let's...uh...hope not.

Gosh, in a previous life I'd be all over this bid...but 10 legs a day with all day trips doesn't sound too appealing; though the commute from SMF to HNL would be shorter for me than the 2 legger to CMH.

Our guess is that the possible code share will be with Hawaiian.

Not to seem rude, but does RAH pay enough for people (FA's and FO's) to LIVE in Hawaii??

Not to seem rude, but does RAH pay enough for people (FA's and FO's) to LIVE in Hawaii??

If you have to ask, you most likely already know the answer. (I will guess only senior MIGHT be able to afford it). Might be some Aloha pilots looking for work once the F is done at RAH.

No, they don't. Not when a gallon of milk is 8.50 a gallon out there.

From the memo: The Company has been in discussions with the Union as related to modifications to specific contract provisions for the HNL based crewmembers.

Sounds to me like they are going to consider an override or a COL increase for those crew members.

Depends on what kind of lifestyle you want to live.
2481017958_cf40052822.jpg

This place is really affordable... It even has what looks like electricity running to it.

You can make anything work if you want it to I just don't think the wife would be to happy if I packed up and went to Hawaii while leaving her here in Ohio to keep working and paying the bills.

Well whoever the lucky bastards are that get to repo the E170s to HNL, are going to get some over water time. Haha.

Dont you need some type of special training for that??

I'm sure there is a wavior for such a thing.

If some numbnuts can get a waivor to ferry an overgross SR22 from California or Oregon to Hawaii, I'm sure a 121 operator can get a ferry permit to move an empty 170 from California to Hawaii.

I'm sure there is a wavior for such a thing.

If some numbnuts can get a waivor to ferry an overgross SR22 from California or Oregon to Hawaii, I'm sure a 121 operator can get a ferry permit to move an empty 170 from California to Hawaii.

True, and Im sure since it will be part 91, they can do whatever they want.

Looks like Hawaiian is taking on JO and his stupid Go! airlines. I hope the chase his ass out of the islands.

RAH furloughs but yet opens YET another base!

This from our intranet today:

New Proposed S5 Base

MEMO
CRPL 08-192

Date: October 1, 2008
To: All RAH Flight Crews
Re: New Proposed S5 Base

Shuttle America has a potential opportunity for a new code share agreement with additional flying beginning on or before November 15, 2008. This bid is in anticipation of a possible code share agreement in Hawaii that will be announced within 10 days should it come together. It is necessary to complete the bidding time line prior to the posting of the November 2008 PBS bids and in anticipation of this opportunity being finalized. This crew base would open no later than November 15, 2008 in HNL (Honolulu, HI). Initially the trips are anticipated to be single day trips.

The effective date of this bid is January 1, 2009 but any qualified pilots we be expected to be available in HNL on or before November 15, 2008. Pilots requiring training may expect a class date of early November.

The Company has been in discussions with the Union as related to modifications to specific contract provisions for the HNL based crewmembers.

Travel benefits are unknown at this time but it should be anticipated that at least initially you will have limited travel privileges outside the inter-island flying. There will be a different uniform more aligned with Island attire.

The company reserves the right to waive the 24 month seat lock. Please do not bid this position if you are unable or unwilling to accept an award!

HNL EMB 170 Shuttle America

The company is posting 11 Captain and 11 First Officer EMB 170 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested, please update your vacancy bid in Flica. To correctly bid and to be considered for this position, please bid for HNL 170 CA or FO in Flica under Vacancy.

Vacancies will be awarded in order of seniority using standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Vacancies caused by filling this primary award will be awarded using the standing bids on file as of the date bidding is closed. Not all vacancies created by this bid award may be filled.

Please use Flica to bid. Pilot Bid closes 1700 hours on October 8, 2008.

In an effort to help answer concerns, here is some information on housing. These areas were identified as having reasonable housing in the HNL area.
East Shore: Central Oahu: North Honolulu (less likely, but possible):
Kaneohe Wahiawa (near Wheeler AAF) Pearl City
Kailua Waipahu

Apartment and Rental info for the area(s) is available on
www.Apartments.com www.Rent.com www.AreaGuides.net

Date: 10/1/2008

Dig in...:bandit:

Re: RAH furloughs but yet opens YET another base!

Sweet... I know what this is for but I'm not allowed to say. :)

Seems like a silly adventure. . .but whatever. If it brings guys back to work, that's great.

Sounds a bit like Independence Air in its final days.
"Oh, we're going to have to cut back all over the place, but let's open random routes with the RJ and a route to Puerto Rico with the Scarebus."

Then again, if there's a financial advantage to opening a new base, why not use it to get back on track?

Back