RAH Possible Code Share in Hawaii??

Gosh, in a previous life I'd be all over this bid...but 10 legs a day with all day trips doesn't sound too appealing.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but RAH is a regional right? Isnt doing 6-8 legs a day common at most regionals? I know you all have gotten very lucky with doing PHL-DFW and back and being done. But most of us do 6+ legs a day. Hell ask most PDT guys.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but RAH is a regional right? Isnt doing 6-8 legs a day common at most regionals? I know you all have gotten very lucky with doing PHL-DFW and back and being done. But most of us do 6+ legs a day. Hell ask most PDT guys.

Meyers what is your deal with RAH. No lines in ORD have 6 legs a day at Eagle.

6+ legs a day? I didn't know PSA had turboprops....

Re: RAH furloughs but yet opens YET another base!

Seems like a silly adventure. . .but whatever. If it brings guys back to work, that's great.

Yeah...silly to put airplanes to work and make money for the company...but whatever. :rolleyes:

Also..double post...this is also under Airline Pilots.

6+ legs a day? I didn't know PSA had turboprops....

Many schedules at PDT/PSA with 5-6 leg days. Of course last days and frst days are normally the worst. However the fact of the matter is a regional is that, to get pax to the hub and that's it. Or so I thought. So perhaps too many have gotten too large of equipment and do not have this any more i dont know. Just checked last bid period and many schedules in all bases had at least 2 if not three days with 6 leg days. Perhaps I just thought thats how most regionals operate. Perhaps it just an Airways thing.

Side note how'd day one of the Midwest stuff go guys? Where all is RAH flying for Midwest out of there now?

Meyers what is your deal with RAH. No lines in ORD have 6 legs a day at Eagle.

Congrats Mr Amazing Gonzo? :) Is that what you are looking for? Not many at Eagle have CFI certificates either but I dont bring that up much either.

Re: RAH furloughs but yet opens YET another base!

Yeah...silly to put airplanes to work and make money for the company...but whatever. :rolleyes:

I hope for all involved that this venture makes money. I sure hope you guys can give JO and his little adventure on the islands a run, for whoever you're supporting out there. But nevertheless. . .

It is not silly to put airplanes to work, or make money. I didn't think I said such a tasking was silly, rather that this adventure into a market place that has proved to gobble up these types of schemes haven't always been the smartest decision.

But of course. . .we just fly planes, while we allow our respective management teams to mismanage our companies into the ground. Par for the course I suppose.

We're in a fight to see who will be working the 90+ seat airplanes, and at what rates. . .rates that are more or less than what previous generations of 90+ seat pilots are flying. . .

Meyers brings up an excellent point. Regionals are getting too large, and are flying equipment that shouldn't be there, further undermining the career prospects of those who wish to move on and up later in life. For those who are happy sticking it out at a regional, flying whatever size airplane your company can manage to haggle for, and for whatever rate of pay your company is offering you. . .fine. . .good job. . .congrats. . .smile away. . .

But there are those out there who find flying anything near 90 seats at a sub-contractor absolutely disgusting. Such is life. . .

Yup, we're a regional. 6 legs is quite a bit different than doing 10 legs. What non turbo-prop regional does 6+ legs a day? I do 6 legs a day on almost every 3-4 day trip I do and love it. Doing 10 legs in and out of the same cities at 14,000 is a tad different than what we get to do now. Wouldn't you agree?

Side note how'd day one of the Midwest stuff go guys? Where all is RAH flying for Midwest out of there now?

Day 1 went good. Some interesting stuff when our first flight showed up in MKE, but non-eventful. I flew the 2nd flight into MKE and we were treated great. From what we understand, most of the pilots don't hold grudges against us pilots, though I'm sure there is some animosity..which I'm sure I'd feel the same way as well. Right now we're doing flights in and out of CMH-MKE-DFW-PHL-DEN-MCI. Where it starts to cause problems is that next month Midwest has us doing many of their mainline routes, going out to LAX and who knows where else.

Dude, please don't take pictures of my house anymore and post them on the interweb. I am making second year FO pay, so I hope to move into something nicer soon.

Ha!

Hey, some new paint and a few screen doors....that place would be down right lovely to live in!!!

] Doing 10 legs in and out of the same cities at 14,000 is a tad different than what we get to do now. Wouldn't you agree?

No contract would allow 10 legs? Or at least ours. I would assume yours as well. But I was just curious how many legs you all had been doing. I had been talking to a guy I work out with and has been doing 2 leg days at Shuttle. Although he is cool with it be would be upset to fly any more. Took be off guard. But I follow you and respect that as I do on many issues.

Is someone really complaining about flying 10 easy legs a day, in a fully automated jet?

Complaining about flying more than 6, or 7, or more than 2?

WTF, what a bunch of Prima Donnas!

I bid to fly 2 legs a day. I will fly no more then 2 a day the first 2 trips this month. Different strokes....
As for the risk of this Hawaii thing..I think all of RAHs contracts are fee for departure, so the risk is minimal...also these planes will be collecting dust if they werent flying in hawaii, so again the risk is less.
In the grand scheme its only gonna be about 4 planes, so it aint that big a deal, the bigger deal is gonna be to make sure our union doesnt cave to support mgmts wishes to make this work.

Back