RAH Possible Code Share in Hawaii??

go! express connection -- valuable part 121 time in a 172 time and the pilots need only pay $20/hr.

They are caravans ;)

So um. . .you guys are going to be flying for Go! Express. . .

RAH -> Go! Express -> Go!

Very interesting. . .

E170 -> Caravan -> CRJ

What will RAH be called on the islands? Go! Uber-Express?

This will be very sad if true. Guess they will be going to close down Hawaiian as well :(:mad:

I was hoping it was Hawaiian to push Go! over the cliff at Pali like King Kamehameha did! Actually that sounds very fitting for a few people related to Go!

I don't really know how all this Hawaii stuff works but is Mokulele airlines just a code share partner with Mesa's Go!? Who owns the Go! name? Are we going to be flying for Mesa or Mokulele? Im confused...

OMG! If you guys are flying for Go!...you'd best run away from that bid as fast as you can!:panic:

I don't really know how all this Hawaii stuff works but is Mokulele airlines just a code share partner with Mesa's Go!? Who owns the Go! name? Are we going to be flying for Mesa or Mokulele? Im confused...
Mesa owns the Go! name.

I heard this from someone who is not a line pilot but in mgmt. He said that this is in fact the airline that we will fly for.

And that a memo would come out letting RW CA and FO bid across to S5 and not an hour later we get a memo.......

I'm kinda believing this one, and for me that's a lot. Usually I'm a "When I'm in the plane doing xyz I will believe it" kinda guy....

what memo??

If it makes you feel better, I saw 3 CRJs last time I went to Shanghi.

The only 3 CRJs, since everything else was A320 or bigger.

They were in Mesa's China colors...

Mesa owns the Go! name.

Correct. go! is a dba (doing business as) of Mesa Airlines, which is why the callsign is still Air Shuttle. We got fined by the FAA like 20 grand or something because JO started advertising go! prior to the dba being approved back when he started this misadventure. That was back when we had like 200-300mil in the bank so he was like 'Hahaha, aint no thang'.

So um. . .you guys are going to be flying for Go! Express. . .

RAH -> Go! Express -> Go!

Very interesting. . .

E170 -> Caravan -> CRJ

What will RAH be called on the islands? Go! Uber-Express?

Looks like it'll be with Mokulele....though it still has to come together. Here's a paragraph from a press release today, so um..no..we won't be flying for Go!

"The proposed agreement between Republic and Mokulele likely will spell the end of the 19-month-old code-share agreement between go! and the Big Island carrier. Under the go!Express brand, Mokulele operates less-popular flights such as between Kona and Kahului, Maui; between Honolulu and Hana, Maui; and between Honolulu and Kapalua, Maui."

So is Mokuele going to be branching off by itself? And its code share will have nearly 10x the seats on their aircraft than "Mokuele mainline"?

Thanks for posting that MM, but yet my head is still going - so what exactly is RAH supporting in this little adventure?

Thanks for posting that MM, but yet my head is still going - so what exactly is RAH supporting in this little adventure?

What do you mean by supporting? The original memo to the employees was that it was a codeshare agreement with another carrier...so...we'll provide the airplanes and the pilots/FA's and they'll pay us. BB makes fairly smart decisions with our planes, so I'm assuming it won't be a bad decision for us and will be similar to our mainline flying agreements.

By supporting. . .who are they being the out-sourced contract work for?

Not questioning the business sense. . .but RAH is a company that bids for flying. Was this flying not put out for bid? Was RAH specifically approached for this flying? And if so. . .by who?

So. . .who/what is RAH supporting (via whatever you want to call it - codeshare, sub-contract lift).

I sense some defensive posturing taking place, no need man.

By supporting. . .who are they being the out-sourced contract work for?

Not questioning the business sense. . .but RAH is a company that bids for flying. Was this flying not put out for bid? Was RAH specifically approached for this flying? And if so. . .by who?

So. . .who/what is RAH supporting (via whatever you want to call it - codeshare, sub-contract lift).

I sense some defensive posturing taking place, no need man.

No defensive posturing...just don't want others making statements when we don't even know the details yet...like the Mesa affiliation and go! comments.

I imagine we were contacted due to maybe the issues that go! has had in HI...I guess falling asleep while flying may not look so good, amongst many other problems. I don't see BB looking in HI for work and actively pursuing it without being contacted first, but who knows.

Go's load factors are pretty high actually (75%) and we still lose money. May this be a lesson to everyone -- it is impossible to make money with 50 seat jets unless you're fee for departure and someone else buys your gas.

Go's load factors are pretty high actually (75%) and we still lose money. May this be a lesson to everyone -- it is impossible to make money with 50 seat jets unless you're fee for departure and someone else buys your gas.

Either way, someone is losing money. :eek:

Back